- Greyhound Canada - Station is located at 1201 Alaska Avenue. Daily service to and from Edmonton, Prince George, Fort St. John and Fort Nelson and a seasonal schedule north to Whitehorse.
- Highway 97 - west to Chetwynd and Prince George and north to Fort St. John
- Highway 2 (aka 43) - south to Grande Prairie/Edmonton
- BC Transit provides public transportation around town.
- Northern Alberta Railway Park, 900 Alaska Ave., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. hours varies - see website. (includes a station museum)
- Dawson Creek Visitor Information Centre, 900 Alaska Ave. (located in the NAR Railway Station Museum), ☎ .
- Mile Zero Park (located at mile one of the Alaska Highway, near the junction of Highway 97 South and the Alaska Highway). Included in this park are Walter Wright Pioneer Village, Rotary Lake, and the fabulous horticultural features of "Gardens North".
- Walter Wright Pioneer Village, 1901 Alaska Hwy. This historic village portrays a theme depicting Dawson Creek before the Alaska Highway construction period
- Events Centre, 300 Highway 2. Spectator events such as concerts, shows, and conventions.
Dawson Mall comes with some local stores but offers limited goods. Local tourist office where you can buy souvenirs of Alaska Highway and Dawson Creek is located in downtown Dawson Creek, across the Bank of Montreal.
Restaurants: White Spot, Boston Pizza, Pantry, Urban Fixx, Le's Family, Lodge Cafe, Faking Sanity, Mint, Mr. Mike's and Sola's.
Fastfood: McDonald's, Dairy Queen, Subway, Pizza Hut, Domino's Pizza, Panago's Pizza, Tim Hortons, A&W.
There are a few bars in the city. The drinking age in BC is 19.
There are plenty of hotels, lodges, and RV parks in Dawson Creek. Late spring to summer is peak season where many people visit the city as the beginning of their trip to the Alaska Highway.
Fort St. John and Grande Prairie (Alberta) are bigger cities around, where travel time to go to each city takes about 90 mins by car. Greyhound Canada in Dawson Creek offers buses bounded both direction.
|Routes through Dawson Creek|
|END ←||W E||→ Grande Prairie → Edmonton|
|Watson Lake ← Fort Saint John ←||N S||→ Chetwynd → Prince George|