Nearby airports are Dallas/Fort Worth Airport and Dallas Love Field (DAL).
There is no public transit system in Grand Prairie. Taxi, rental car (Avis or Enterprise) or private car are the available options. Select hotels may offer shuttle service to and from area airports.
- 1 Cedar Hill State Park. A popular state park that offers fishing, camping, hiking and biking trails.
- 2 Joe Pool Lake. A Corp of Engineers Lake with boating and fishing opportunities. Along the shores enjoy camping and hiking.
- 3 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, 1001 Performance Pl, ☏ . Catch a live performance at the 6,350 seat hall for concerts, shows and events.
- 4 Uptown Theater, 120 East Main St, ☏ . Newly restored, this 408 seat theater hosts performing and visual arts, as well as music, dance, drama and film.
- Dr. H.V. Copeland Home - Grand Prairie Museum, 125 SW Dallas St, ☏ . This home has a State Landmark as well as a Grand Prairie Landmark. It was the historic home of Dr. Horace Victor Copeland (1875-1969).
- Louis Tussaud's Palace of Wax and Ripley's Believe It or Not!, 601 East Palace Parkway.
- Alliance Skate Park at Grand Prairie, 1000 Lone Star Pkwy, ☏ . A skateboarders paradise! Lessons - Skate Camps - Concerts - Lock-ins - And More! It also boasts a full skate shop with shoes, clothing and skateboards! Open year round.
- Grand Prairie AirHogs, 600 Lone Star Pkwy, ☏ . Opened May 2008, this minor league ballpark features a Kids Zone, restaurants, sports bar, cigar bar and swimming pool. It seats 4,000 and offers 13 luxury suites.
- 1 Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, 1000 Lone Star Pkwy, ☏ . $5 on live race days. Concerts included until 7:30PM, then are $20/person. World-Class Thoroughbred Horse racing at its finest! The track features a 7-level, glass-enclosed, climate-controlled Grandstand building with penthouse suites, terraced track-side dining room, box seats and outdoor seating. The Post Time Pavilion boasts more than 150 television screens, a sports bar and restaurant. See live horse racing via simulcast from top tracks around the world.
- 1 Traders Village, 2602 Mayfield Rd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Flea Market featuring over 3,500 vendors, kiddie rides, arcade games and a wide variety of state-fair-style foods. Open every Saturday and Sunday, year-round.
There are a number of eateries ranging from specialty restaurants to family style buffets to fast food.
- Holiday Inn Express - Grand Prairie, Texas, 4112 S. Carrier Pkwy (located at I-20, Exit 456, behind Cheddar's & IHOP), toll-free: . All smoke-free establishment, four-story hotel.
- Motel 6 Dallas - Grand Prairie, 406 Palace Parkway, ☏ , fax: .
- [dead link] La Quinta Grand Prairie Taxas Hotel, 2131 W I-20, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. La Quinta Grand Prairie is a boutique hotel that offers spacious rooms and suites, meeting space, free breakfast and wireless internet and Texas getaway packages.
- Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, 1542 North HWY 360, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 4:00pm, check-out: 11:00am. $.
|Routes through Grand Prairie|
|Fort Worth ← Arlington ←||W E||→ Dallas → Texarkana|