Texarkana is a city bisected by the Texas-Arkansas border; the west side of town is in Texas and the east side is in Arkansas. State Line Avenue runs right on the borderline.
- 1 Texarkana Regional Airport (TXK IATA). Flights are operated by American Eagle Airlines from Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport. The airport is small with few amenities, but car rentals are available. Public transport is abysmal; the nearest bus station is a 700-meter walk away at crossing of E Broad St and Airport Plaza.
Interstate Highway 30 (I-30) runs through north Texarkana and serves as part of the city's loop. US Route 71 (US-71) enters from Shreveport, Louisiana in the south and continues to Ft. Smith Arkansas in the North. US-71 serves as the dividing line between the Texas and Arkansas sides of the city through downtown. US Route 59 (US-59) Enters through the southwest corner of town where it merges with Loop 245 and I-30, which it follows out of town. US Route 67 (US-67) enters on the Texas side from Dallas in the middle of the city and exits in the northeast corner, headed to Little Rock. US Route 82 (US-82) enters Texarkana shadowing I-30 from Dallas, but takes a straighter path through the city. It exits town on the Arkansas side and continues through Mississippi and Georgia.
- Amtrak serves Texarkana daily with its Texas Eagle route. The historic 2 Texarkana Union Station is located on 100 E Front St, bisecting the state frontier between Texas and Arkansas.
Public transport is limited in Texarkana but there is a small bus network called T-Line. Buses usually depart once an hour.
- 1 Ace of Clubs House, 420 Pine St, ☏ .
- 2 Museum of Regional History, 219 N State Line Ave, ☏ .
- 3 Texarkana College.
- State Line Avenue.
- 1 Perot Theatre, 221 Main St (Third at Main), ☏ .
- 2 Oaklawn Opry, 2729 New Boston Rd (Robinson at New Boston), ☏ . Country/western music and comedy every Friday night.
- 3 The Silvermoon on Broad, 217 W Broad St, ☏ . Historic venue used for everything from weddings to dinner shows. Many events are open to the public.
- 1 Big Jake's BBQ, 2610 New Boston Rd, ☏ . Good barbecue accompanied with all-you-can-eat sides.
- 2 [formerly dead link] Bryce's Cafeteria, 2021 Mall Dr, ☏ . A local downhome cooking institution for over 75 years.
- 3 The Cattleman's Steakhouse, 4018 N Stateline Ave. M-Th 5:30-9:30PM, F Sa 5:50-10PM, Su closed. The oldest steakhouse in town, since the 1970s. Great steaks, seafood, chicken, etc. Their specialty is prime rib.
- 4 Ironwood Grill, 4312 Galleria Oaks Dr., ☏ . Monday to Thursday 11AM - 9PM, Saturday and Sunday 11AM - 10PM. American-style food with casual dining. Atmosphere akin to Austin or Boulder.
- 5 Pecan Point Brewing Company, 213 Main St (Next to Perot Theatre), ☏ . Gastopub combined with micro brewery, opened in 2014 in central Texarkana.
- 6 Verona Restaurant, 212 E Broad St, ☏ . Fine dining in downtown.
- Gusano's Pizzeria, 2820 Richmond Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM-11PM Friday and Saturday, 11AM-10PM all other days. Chicago-style pizzeria and sports bar with the self-proclaimed "best Chicago-style pizza in the world". Part of a tiny chain of 8 restaurants in and around Arkansas.
Almost all hotels are clustered around the Interstate highways, far from the city center.
- 1 Shamrock Motel, 717 N State Line Ave, ☏ . One of few lodging options near downtown, however this motel is very rudimentary.
The Texas side of town is in the 903 area code, while the Arkansas side is in the 870 area code.
|Routes through Texarkana|
|Dallas ← Marshall ←||SW NE||→ Hope → St. Louis|
|Dallas ← Mount Pleasant ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Hope → Little Rock|
|END ←||N S||→ Shreveport → Lafayette|
|Sallisaw ← Mena ←||N S||→ Jefferson → Marshall|
|Little Rock ← Hope ←||N S||→ Jct N S → Mount Pleasant → Dallas|
|Fort Smith ← Mena ←||N S||→ Shreveport → Alexandria|
|Gainesville ← Paris ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Garland → Greenville|