Texarkana is a city bisected by the Texas-Arkansas border; the west side of town is in Texas and the east side is in Arkansas. State Line Avenue runs right on the borderline.
- 1 Texarkana Regional Airport (TXK IATA). Flights are operated by American Eagle Airlines from Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport. The airport is small with few amenities, but car rentals are available. Public transport is abysmal; the nearest bus station is a 700-meter walk away at crossing of E Broad St and Airport Plaza.
Interstate Highway 30 (I-30) runs through north Texarkana and serves as part of the city's loop. US Route 71 (US-71) enters from Shreveport, Louisiana in the south and continues to Ft. Smith Arkansas in the North. US-71 serves as the dividing line between the Texas and Arkansas sides of the city through downtown. US Route 59 (US-59) Enters through the southwest corner of town where it merges with Loop 245 and I-30, which it follows out of town. US Route 67 (US-67) enters on the Texas side from Dallas in the middle of the city and exits in the northeast corner, headed to Little Rock. US Route 82 (US-82) enters Texarkana shadowing I-30 from Dallas, but takes a straighter path through the city. It exits town on the Arkansas side and continues through Mississippi and Georgia.
- Amtrak serves Texarkana daily with its Texas Eagle route. The historic 2 Texarkana Union Station is located on 100 E Front St, bisecting the state frontier between Texas and Arkansas.
Public transport is limited in Texarkana but there is a small bus network called T-Line. Buses usually depart once an hour.
- 1 Ace of Clubs House, 420 Pine St, ☏ .
- 2 Museum of Regional History, 219 N State Line Ave, ☏ .
- 3 Texarkana College.
- State Line Avenue.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:47PM local time and lasts 2 min. Chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- 1 Perot Theatre, 221 Main St (Third at Main), ☏ .
- 2 The Silvermoon on Broad, 217 W Broad St, ☏ . Historic venue used for everything from weddings to dinner shows. Many events are open to the public.
- 1 Big Jake's BBQ, 2610 New Boston Rd, ☏ . Good barbecue accompanied with all-you-can-eat sides.
- 2 Ironwood Grill, 4312 Galleria Oaks Dr., ☏ . Monday to Thursday 11AM - 9PM, Saturday and Sunday 11AM - 10PM. American-style food with casual dining. Atmosphere akin to Austin or Boulder.
- 3 Pecan Point Brewing Company, 213 Main St (Next to Perot Theatre), ☏ . Gastopub combined with micro brewery, opened in 2014 in central Texarkana.
- 4 Verona Restaurant, 212 E Broad St, ☏ . Fine dining in downtown.
- Gusano's Pizzeria, 2820 Richmond Rd, ☏ , email@example.com. 11AM-11PM Friday and Saturday, 11AM-10PM all other days. Chicago-style pizzeria and sports bar with the self-proclaimed "best Chicago-style pizza in the world". Part of a tiny chain of 8 restaurants in and around Arkansas.
Almost all hotels are clustered around the Interstate highways, far from the city center.
- 1 Shamrock Motel, 717 N State Line Ave, ☏ . One of few lodging options near downtown, however this motel is very rudimentary.
- Candlewood Suites Texarkana, 2901 S Cowhorn Creek Loop, ☏ . Rooms here consist of studios or suites. $57 (Jan 2022).
- Comfort Suites, 215 Richill Dr, ☏ . This features an indoor pool. $62 (Jan 2022).
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, 1918 University Ave, ☏ . This one has an indoor pool and hot tub, and a generous breakfast. $67 (Jan 2022).
The Texas side of town is in the 903 area code, while the Arkansas side is in the 870 area code.
|Routes through Texarkana|
|Dallas ← Marshall ←||SW NE||→ Hope → St. Louis|
|Dallas ← Mount Pleasant ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Hope → Little Rock|
|END ←||N S||→ Shreveport → Lafayette|
|Sallisaw ← Mena ←||N S||→ Jefferson → Marshall|
|Little Rock ← Hope ←||N S||→ Jct N S → Mount Pleasant → Dallas|
|Fort Smith ← Mena ←||N S||→ Shreveport → Alexandria|
|Gainesville ← Paris ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Garland → Greenville|