North America > United States of America > Great Plains > Oklahoma > Green Country (Oklahoma) > SallisawJump to navigation Jump to search
- About 30 minutes driving west of Fort Smith, Arkansas.
- Located along Interstate 40 and Hwy US 64 that runs East-West.
- North-South access via Hwy US 59.
- [dead link] Sequoyah's Cabin, State Hwy. 101 (3 miles north and seven miles east of Sallisaw), ☏ . Tu-F 9AM-5PM; Sa-Su 2PM-5PM. Home of Sequoyah who invented the Cherokee alphabet. Free.
- Applegate Cove Marina (I-40 Exit 308, 6.5 miles S on Hwy 59, then 2 miles W at Pier 7 Store), ☏ . Boat ramps and docks, motor repair, limited off-season facilities.
- Robert S. Kerr Lake & Reservoir (8 mile south on US59), ☏ . Fishing, swimming, picnicking and boat launching. Species of fish include channel catfish, flathead catfish, white crappie, largemouth bass, striped bass, walleye and various sunfish species.
- Shadow Creek Country Club (S. Wheeler). Golfing at an 18-hole public course with bent grass greens.
- The Indian Store, 2323 E Cherokee (I40 exit 311, 1-blk west), ☏ . Open daily 9AM-5PM. Limited edition prints, Minnetonka moccasins, Cherokee beadwork, kachinas, T-shirts, pottery, handcrafted Indian jewelry and Cherokee baskets.
- Catfish Hole (South on Hwy 59 at Kerr Lake), ☏ .
- Dana's Restaurant, 907 Kerr (I40 & Hwy59), ☏ . Open 24Hrs - 7 Days. Breakfast 24 hrs a day.
- Fig Tree Restaurant, 2412 E Cherokee, ☏ , fax: . Open 24Hrs.
- Kountry Kitchen (I40 & Hwy 64 W), ☏ . Country cooking.
- Olde Feed Barn, 702 E Cherokee, ☏ .
- Ole South Pancake House, 1405 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ , fax: . Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Wildhorse Mountain Bar-B-Q (3.5 miles South of City on Hwy 59), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 10AM-6PM, Closed Monday. Barbeque prepared in an outside cooker served fast-food style.
- China Panda Buffet, 708 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ . Hunan, Szechuan and Cantonese.
- Caporales Mexican Restaurant, 315 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ .
- Maria's Mexican Restaurant, 200 E Cherokee, ☏ . M-F 11AM-9PM Sa-Su 11AM-10PM. Authentic Mexican food.
- Sammy's Taco Ranch, Highway 59 North, ☏ . Handmade Mexican food.
Bars and Taverns
- Billy O's Bar, Hwy 64 East, ☏ .
- Driftwood Bar, Hwy 59, ☏ .
- Finish Line Bar, 118 E Cherokee Ave, ☏ .
- Aroma's Coffee Shop, 1162 Brown Blvd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Th 7AM-9PM F-Sa 7AM-10PM. Coffee shop serving cappuccinos, lattes, mochas, soups, salads, sandwiches and lunch specials.
- Econo Lodge, 2403 E Cherokee St, ☏ . Cable TV, HBO, truck parking.
- KOA Sallisaw/Fort Smith West, US 59 South, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Peaceful, shady, pull-through sites for RVs and shady, grassy sites for tents. Propane and dump station on site. Three Kamping Kabins with heat/AC available. Catch-and-release fishing pond, large clean restrooms, laundry facilities.
- Motel 6, 1300 E Cherokee, ☏ , fax: . Ground floor rooms.
- Best Western Blue Ribbon Motor Inn, 706 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Days Inn, 1700 W Cherokee St, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Offering a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, whirlpool suites with king beds, restaurant, guest laundry and truck and bus parking.
- Microtel Inn & Suites, 710 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Super 8 Motel, 924 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Truck parking, expanded cable TV and outdoor pool.
- Callahan Motel, 826 W Cherokee St, ☏ . Rooms with kitchenettes, single and double rooms, cable TV, ESPN and HBO. Laundromat on site.
- Golden Spur Inn, 601 S Kerr Blvd, ☏ .
- Overstreet-Kerr Historical Farm, 29186 Overstreet-Kerr Rd., Phone: +1 918 966-3396. The Overstreet home was built in 1895 and restored in 1991 Workshops teach old-fashioned crafts such as soap making and blacksmithing.
|Routes through Sallisaw|
|Oklahoma City ← Henryetta ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Van Buren → Little Rock|
|Miami ← Siloam Springs ←||N S||→ Spiro → Texarkana|