Jump to navigation Jump to search
Van Buren is a city in the River Valley region of Arkansas.
The town should be easily accessible from Fort Smith, which it is across the Arkansas River from. Driving along US Route 71 northeast out of Fort Smith should quickly take you to Van Buren.
- Historic Downtown Arts, Antiques and Shops in downtown Van Buren. Scenes from The Blue And The Grey were filmed around here.
- King Opera House, 427 Main St. 19th century Victorian building.
- The Old Frisco Depot, 813 Main St. Historic train depot where part of Biloxi Blues was filmed and which now serves as the Van Buren Visitor Center and point of embarkation for train tours (see next section).
- Excursion Train. Ride the Arkansas Missouri Railroad excursion train into the Ozarks of Arkansas.
- Best Western Van Buren Inn, 1903 N 6th Street, ☏ +1 479 474-8100, fax: +1 479 471-8100.
|Routes through Van Buren|
|Oklahoma City ← Sallisaw ←||W E||→ Alma → Little Rock|
|Fayetteville ← Alma ← ends ←||N S||→ ends → Fort Smith → Texarkana|