The Wim Wenders film Paris, Texas (1984) was not set or filmed in Paris, Texas. Filming largely occurred in Fort Stockton and Marathon in the Trans-Pecos region of west Texas.
Take I-35 till you reach the exit 43. FM 180 will then take you straight into Paris. Enjoy the crepes.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:44PM local time and lasts 4 min. Chances of a clear sky are 50%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- 1 Sam Bell Maxey State Historic Site, 812 S. Church St, ☏ . A prime example of Victorian architecture, this 1868 home and gardens have been beautifully restored.
- 2 Eiffel Tower. A replica built in 1993. It's less than one-tenth of the original, but adds a red cowboy hat on top.
- 3 Lamar County Historical Museum, ☏ . F Sa only, 10AM-4PM.
The downtown square and immediate vicinity have a lot of antique shops and boutiques.
- Crawford's Hole In the Wall, 202 3rd St NW, ☏ . Lunch-only joint with good burgers.
- Dos Marias, 303 20th St Ne, ☏ . Daily 11AM-9PM. Possibly the best Tex-Mex in town.
- Fish Fry, 3500 NE Loop 286, ☏ . Good southern fried catfish and some of the best steaks in town.
- Americas Best Value Inn, 3755 N.E. Loop 286, ☏ .
- Days Inn, 2650 N Main, ☏ . Swimming pool.
- Hampton Inn Paris, 3563 N.E. Loop 286, ☏ . Spacious rooms and a good complimentary breakfast.
- Pat Mayse State Park is about 12 miles north on US 271, offering boating, swimming, fishing, and hiking opportunities.
|Routes through Paris|
|Gainesville ← Sherman ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Texarkana|
|Fort Smith ← Hugo ←||N S||→ Mount Pleasant → Tyler|