Valsad (Gujarati: વલસાડ) is a city of 170,000 people (2011) in the Indian state Gujarat. It used to be called Bulsar and be the administrative capital of Valsad district. It's famous for its mango orchards and an increasingly popular destination with a nice beach and several temples.
June-July, post monsoon, is the best time to head to Valsad, as the roads in and around the city are best accessible.
- Shri Sai Baba - next to the popular beach, its daily prayers can get crowded with beach visitors.
- Shri Swami Narayan - a bit further long the coast (around 1.5 km), it has great hand carvings.
- Tithal Beach - 4 km out of town, it is the main tourist attraction.
- Parnera Hill (Parnera Dungar), Parnera Pardi (An Auto Rikshaw or Bus from Nr Bus station). It is a hill with a small old fort and a temple. Mainly considered as northern most hill of western ghat.
- Raja Rani Wada Pav, Station Road (very close to railway station and bus station). Very famous for the Wada Pav.