- 8 Vapi — a large city located on the banks of the Daman Ganga River. Large industrial area and ranked as highly polluted.
- 1 Statue of Unity — a 182 m tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who is credited with uniting hundreds of princely states under India.
South Gujarat is one of the wettest regions of India. Its geography varies widely from the coastal plains in the west to the Western Ghats in the east. Some parts of the Southern Gujarat (Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman (India)) were under Portuguese rule for centuries alongside Goa and Diu. The rest of Southern Gujarat was under the British rule till independence.
Most of the highways that connect Gujarat with the rest of India goes through this region.
- From Delhi, Agra and other places in the Plains: Take the National Highway 48 (NH 48).
- From Mumbai, Jaipur, Jodhpur and other places in Western India: Take the National Highway 48 (NH 48).
- From Nagpur and other places in Vidarbha: Take the National Highway 53 (NH 53).
As in the rest of Gujarat, most people in this region travel by private buses or by taxi.