The enclave of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a tiny union territory in Western India, wedged between the states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. The two regions – Dadra and Nagar Haveli are separated from each other by a few kilometers – are both on the west coast, at the mouth of the Daman Ganga river.
The Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a small piece of land wedged between the Maharashtra and Gujarat. Until 1954, this area was under the Portuguese colonial rule. Between 1954 and 1961, it was self-governing. On its integration with the Indian Union in 1961, Silvassa was made its capital.
It is less than 500 sq. km. in size, covered with tall trees and winding rivers. The hospitable, kind, unselfish native local tribal people have their own customs, dances and rituals which are quite fascinating. The territory enjoys a very pleasant climate from November to March, which is actually the best time for a visit. Temperatures during summer are comfortable too, even during the day, due to the territory's proximity to the sea.
Mumbai has the nearest airport.
Dadra and Nagar Haveli almost touches the National Highway 8 between Mumbai and Delhi. Silvassa is about 14 km, from Bhilad and Vapi.
The nearest railway stations are Bhilad & Vapi, about 14 km & 18 km respectively from Silvassa, and are on the Western Railways.
- 1 Children's Park, Silvassa.
- 2 Hirva Van Garden, Pipariya, Silvassa - Vapi Road (Near Pipariya Police Station). Near the Daman Gangan River.
- 3 Madhuban Dam, Silvassa. On the Daman Ganga River.
- 4 Our Lady of Piety (Silvassa Church), Silvassa.
- 5 Park Ayyappa Temple (Ayappa Mandir), Silvassa.
- 6 Park Balaji Temple (Balaji Mandir), Silvassa.
- 7 Park Ram Temple (Shriv Ram Mandir), Silvassa.
- Temple of Lord Shiva, Bindrabin (Vrundavan). Approximately 18 km south of Silvassa.
- 8 Tribal Cultural Museum, Silvassa.
- 9 Van Dhara Garden, Silvassa. Near the Daman Gangan River.
- 10 Vanganga Garden, Dadra. Has boating facilities.
There really isn't any order of things that you can do. If you are looking for a quick weekend getaway, Silvassa is a good place. You can be holed up in any one of the many resorts in Silvassa and surrounding areas, or you can let yourself loose in the lush green sights of the surrounding flora and fauna.
- BhelPuri/PaaniPuri at Dadra gardens.
- Dudhni Watersports! - Try out the local cuisine of Desi Chicken.
- Khanvel Gardens
- Lion Safari - on the way to Khavel.
- Local gardens
- Local wadapaav
- Madhuban Dam Guest House - Magnificent view!
- Aquaserene Tourist Complex, Dudhni.
- Damanganga Valley Resort.
- Himai Van Health Resort, Kauncha.
- Luhari Tourist Complex, Luhari.
- P.W.D. Guest House, Silvassa (Nr. Stadium Ground).
- Tapovan Tourist Complex, Bindrabin, Khanvel.
- Water Sport & Tourist Complex, Dudhni.
Private sector accommodation
- Damanganga Valley Resort, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Dan Tourist, Tokarkhada, Silvassa.
- Hotel Ritz, Silvassa (Near Bus Station).
- Kamat Silvassa Resort, Naroli Road, Silvassa.
- Hotel Ras Resorts, Naroli Road, Silvassa.
- Hotel Woodland, Silvassa (Near Bus Station).
- Hotel Woodland Inn, Silvassa (Near Bus Station).