Vila Velha is a city in the metropolitan region of Vitória.
Vitória Airport (VIX) - also known as Eurico Salles Airport - in the capital city of Vitória, is the closest airport to Vila Velha. It receives daily flights from most state capitals in the country. Among the main airlines serving the airport are TAM and Gol. A number of smaller carriers also serve the airport, including Azul, TEAM, and TRIP.
To get to the airport, catch bus line 507 direction Terminal Laranjeiras. From the airport, catch the same bus line 507, but with direction Terminal Ibes.
Most urban buses pass by Terminal Vila Velha in the city center, including quite a few that cross to Vitória.
- Convento da Penha - An old convent perched atop the hill near the bridge to Vitória.
The telephone area code for Vila Velha is 27 (as well as in central and northern parts of Espírito Santo).
- Vitória - The capital of the state of Espírito Santo, famous for its bay, beaches and nightlife. (just across the beautiful Terceira Ponte - Third Bridge)
- Guarapari - A popular beach resort town. Famous for its lively ambiance, with many clubs and beach parties, especially during the summer months.
- Domingos Martins - To get a taste of a town colonized by German immigrants, and the famous Pedra Azul (Blue Rock).
- Santa Teresa - To get a taste of a town colonized by Italian immigrants.
- Itaúnas - Famous for its dunes and forró, a Northeastern Brazilian dance.
- Rio de Janeiro - World-known city famous for its breathtaking landscape and annual carnival.