Jump to navigation Jump to search
The town of Vila Viçosa (/ˈvilɐ viˈsɔzɐ/, VEE-luh vee-SAW-zuh) has around 5,000 inhabitants (2011), and the whole municipality has 8,300 people.
Vila Viçosa can be reached via the A6 motorway (Autoestrada Marateca–Caia).
- 1 Paço Ducal de Vila Viçosa (Ducal Palace of Vila Viçosa), Terreiro do Paço, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The palace of the Dukes of Bragança built in the early 1500s.
- 2 Santuário de Nossa Senhora da Conceição (Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Conception).
- 3 Castelo de Vila Viçosa (Castle of Vila Viçosa), Rua Sacadura Cabral 2.
- 1 Taverna dos Conjurados, Largo 25 de Abril 12, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Th 19:30–22:00, F Sa 12:00–15:00 & 19:30–22:00, Su 12:00–15:00, closed M. This restaurant boasts medieval cuisine based on game, using family recipes in the Alentejan style. Mid-range.
- 2 Safari, Largo Mariano Presado 13, ☏ . Tu–Su 12:00–00:00, closed M. Traditional regional cooking. Mid-range.
- 3 Os Cucos, Mata Municipal de Vila Viçosa, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 09:00–00:00. Regional Alentejan cuisine in the midst of the municipal woods. Mid-range.
- 1 Pousada Convento Vila Viçosa, Convento das Chagas, Terreiro do Paço, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. The Pousada de Vila Viçosa, D. João IV, is set in the former Convent of Chagas de Cristo in the historical village of Vila Viçosa. Very characteristic with its intricate themed rooms, full of legends and tales.
- 2 Alentejo Marmòris Hotel & Spa, Largo Gago Coutinho 11, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Five-star, 45-room hotel with a swimming pool and fitness centre. Its restaurant has earned the Michelin "Plate" for "good cooking". €130-196.
- 3 Hotel Solar dos Mascarenhas, Rua Florbela Espanca 125, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00–22:00, check-out: 08:00–12:00. Three-star, 22-room boutique hotel with swimming pool, bar, and game room. €56-91.