North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia Region > Delaware County (Pennsylvania) > VillanovaJump to navigation Jump to search
It is served by the SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line regional rail train and Norristown High Speed Line.
- 1 Villanova University. A private, Catholic, coeducational, research higher education institute founded by the Augustinians in 1842.
- 2 Appleford/Parsons-Banks Arboretum, 770 Mount Moro Road. The arboretum contains streams and ponds, woods, rhododendron stands, a rose garden, copper beeches, stone walls, and a series of formal gardens.
- 3 Arboretum Villanova. A former arboretum, now the university grounds. Its collection includes sequoia, sycamore, pine, flowering pear, crabapple, cherry, and horse chestnut trees, along with many other varieties.
- 4 Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden. Public garden blending history, horticulture, ecological and conservation values. Free.
- 5 St. Thomas of Villanova Church, 800 E Lancaster Ave. Roman Catholic church on the campus of Villanova University. Completed in 1887, it had long been the center of Augustinian activity in the United States, and still plays an important role within the province.
|Routes through Villanova|
|Allentown ← Wayne ←||N S||→ Havertown → Chester|
|Lancaster ← Wayne ←||W E||→ Bryn Mawr → Philadelphia|
|Thorndale ← Wayne ←||W E||→ Bryn Mawr → Philadelphia|
|Norristown ← Bridgeport ←||N S||→ Bryn Mawr → Upper Darby|