Villarrica is in Araucanía.
Overnight buses from Santiago leave daily.
Or you can fly to Temuco and drive an hour to get to Villarrica.
Plenty of local micros to get around, but a rental car is the way to go if you want to take full advantage of the area. You can also book organized tours with the adventure tourism agencies like Politur in Villarrica to get to the summit of Volcano Villarrica, Huerquehue National Park, hot springs, rafting, riding tours, canopy and more.
- Volcano Villarrica
- hot springs
- the Mapuche center
- local artesania
- araucaria trees
- Villarrica Lake
- Hike in National Park Huerquehue, to the summit of Volcano Villarrica, or at the base of Volcano Lanin, canopy, or rafting.
- Soak in steaming hot springs, best are Los Pozones or termas geometricas.
- Ride horses through pristine forests.
- Ride bikes to nearby towns or on pastoral roads.
- Sunbathe and swim on Lake Villarrica's beaches.
- Fishing trips with the boteros of Villarrica.
- Delicate wood carved artesania
- woven wool blankets
- Hosteria de la Colina - delicious food, from steak to homemade pasta to creative soups and salads, followed by Glen's homemade ice cream.
- Mesa del Mar - great fish
- Cafe bar 2001 - restaurant-cafe, sandwiches, cakes and more.
- El rey del marisco - seafood.
- Sweet - Pastry and sandwiches.
- Traveller's Cafe- good place to sit and enjoy a beer, dinners - for younger ones.
- Hosteria de la Colina- Ex-pat owners Glen and Bev make a stay here impossible to forget. Superb views, excellent food, spacious terrace and full bar snd game room, spotless rooms and comfy beds.
- Parque Natural Dos Rios - very beautiful and tranquil Nature Park with Bed and Breakfast and log cabins 15 minutes from Villarrica. At the banks of Tolten river with private sandy beach and natural forest. Short riding trips, riding classes, natural horsemanship, birdwatching.
- Hotel El ciervo. Near to the lake and town centre.
- [dead link]Hotel terraza sur. Just opened.
- [dead link]cabañas Monte Negro. Nice place, well located.
- Hotel El parque. Beautiful view.
- K-Zona about 5 km (3 miles) outside Villarrica in direction to Pucon. Don't go there before 14:00. Travellers' bar with good music.