- 1 Concepción – Chile's second largest city
- 2 Curacautín
- 3 Frutillar
- 4 Futaleufu
- 5 Pucón – beach town on Villarrica lake
- 6 Puerto Montt – fast growing city
- 7 Puerto Varas – biggest city and beach on Llanquihue lake
- 8 Temuco – biggest city of the Araucanía
- 9 Valdivia – city bordering the Calle-Calle river
- 10 Villarrica – beach town on Villarrica lake
- 1 Chiloé National Park
- 2 Cochamó Valley (Valle Cochamó)
- 3 Isla Mocha
- 4 Parque Tantauco on Chiloé Island
The Southern Chile region consists of the four local government regions of Araucanía, Biobío, Los Lagos (which includes Chiloé Island) and Los Ríos.
Spanish is widely spoken in all the region, but the southern people speak a bit slower than Santiaguinos. In the Araucanía region, the Mapudungun (the dialect spoken by Mapuche people) is used in rural communities, especially between elders.