Central Chile is a region of Chile.
- 1 Santiago – capital city
- 2 Los Andes
- 3 Pichilemu – town with beaches
- 4 Pomaire – handicrafts, rather commercial
- 5 Melipilla – best place to drink chicha, a homemade alcoholic wine-like drink
- 6 Quintay
- 7 Rancagua
- 8 Reñaca – beach
- 9 Sewell – an old mining town
- 10 Talca
- 11 Valparaíso – sea, hills and old houses
- 12 Viña del Mar – beaches, "The Garden City"
- 1 Algarrobo – home to the largest swimming pool in the world at the San Alfonso del Mar resort
- 2 El Colorado – ski area
- 3 Juan Fernández Islands
- 4 Portillo – ski
- 5 Maitencillo
- 6 Radal Siete Tazas National Reserve – extraordinary bucolic paradise of waterfalls and lakes
- 7 Valle Nevado – ski area
- 8 Vilches
In central valleys the climate is essentially Mediterranean. This kind of climate is characterized by warm to hot, dry summers and mild to cool, wet winters.
The majority of the population speaks only Spanish. Just a few people, especially tourist guides, engineers and businessmen can speak fluent English. Nevertheless, many young people understand some simple English phrases and can start basic conversations since English has been more prioritized in the national curriculum in the last few years.
Swim in the largest swimming pool in the world at the San Alfonso del Mar resort.