The Walloon regional bus line operator is TEC. It may be hard to find a connection to Villers-la-Ville by bus and it may be more convenient to go by train.
The 1 Villers-la-Ville Train Station is located about one kilometer south of the abbey. There is no direct train connection to Villers-la-Ville from Brussels. The journey from the main station (Central/Centrale) of Brussels takes 1h05m with a change in Ottignies. From Charleroi-Sud, the main station of Charleroi, the train covers the distance in 30 minutes.
Villers-la-Ville is not very near to any motorway. Coming from Louvain-la-Neuve the town can be reached by the N25 national road in the direction of Nivelles and to get off at the N275 which heads south to Villers-la-Ville, passing the popular abbey.
- 1 Villers Abbey (Abbaye de Villers), Rue de l'Abbaye 55, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. An ancient Cistercian abbey located near the town of Villers-la-Ville. Founded in 1146 and abandoned in 1796, the abbey is an outstanding example of Cistercian architecture, with imposing vaulting, arches and rose windows. Most of the site has fallen into ruins, but it is fascinating to walk around and take pictures of the old ruins covered in vines, a roof open to the sky, and plenty of rooms to explore. €8 for adults, €6 for students and seniors, €3 for children aged 6 to 12, free for younger children.
- 1 Le Chalet de la Forêt, Rue de Chevlipont 6 (Right next to the abbey), ☏ . Little restaurant.
- 1 Le Bocage, Rue de Sart 90a, ☏ , (mobile), ✉ email@example.com. Holiday home to rent.
- 2 Chez Ulysse et Marceline, Rue de l’Épine 12, 1495 Tilly, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Bed & breakfast.
- 3 Léonard, Chemin Notre Dame 7, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Bed & breakfast.
- 4 La Forge d'Hollers, Rue du Moulin d'Hollers 11, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. €40 to €75.
- 5 Le Try Logis, Rue du Try 19, 1495 Sart-Dames-Avelines, ☏ , (mobile), ✉ email@example.com.