- For other places with the same name, see Wainwright (disambiguation).
Wainwright is 206 km (128 mi) southeast of Edmonton and 61 km (38 mi) south of Vermilion, in the Battle River Valley. The town of Wainwright is surrounded by the Wainwright Municipal District No. 61 and includes its administrative offices. It is adjacent to CFB Wainwright (Denwood), a Canadian military base, and is a divisional point on the Canadian National Railway main line.
- Wainwright Visitor Information Centre, 1001 1 Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Wainwright Aerodrome (ICAO CYWV). Municipal airport 3 km south of the city; no scheduled flights.
- 2 Wainwright station, 10th Street & 1st Avenue. The station is served by Via Rail's The Canadian twice a week in each direction as a flag stop (48 hours advance notice required).
Wainwright is on Highway 14, 206 km (128 mi) southeast of Edmonton and 69 km (43 mi) west of the Saskatchewan border. It is also accessible via Highway 41, located 61 km (38 mi) south of Vermilion.
- Wainwright Viper Taxi, ☏ .
- Wainwright Taxi, ☏ .
- 1 Fabyan Trestle Bridge (Battle River Railway Trestle), Viewpiont Road (15 km west of Wainwright; follow Hwy 14 west to Township Road 452). Built 1907-08. The steel trestle was designed by the Grand Trunk Pacific railway as part of the company's westward movement to Edmonton. Upon completion, it was the largest railway structure in Canada until the Lethbridge Viaduct was completed in August 1909. Length: 845.82 m (2,775 ft), height: 59.44 m (195 ft).
- 2 Wainwright Stampede, Stampede Grounds, 1401 1 Avenue, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. End of June. The third largest stampede in Canada including rodeos, chuckwagon races, parade, rides and an agricultural fair.
- [dead link] Wainwright District Museum, 1001 1 Ave, ☏ . The themes of the museum are the twin attractions of buffalo and prisoner-of-war camp. The museum features photos, movies, and collections related to the buffalo at the national park, including King, a mighty hybrid whose hide is featured in the museum’s Buffalo Room; and military collections from World War II and the internment camp. It also honours the heritage of the founding pioneer families, and records the influence of the railway in the development of the Wainwright district.
- Wainwright Arts Festival. Third weekend in February.
- The Iron Raven, 121 10 St, ☏ . Sa 10AM-5PM, M 11AM-5PM, Tu-F 10AM-5:30PM. Antiques, vintage, decor.
- 1 1979 Taphouse & Grill, 1418 14 Avenue, ☏ . M-Th 11:30AM-9PM; F Sa 11:30AM-10PM; Su noon-8PM. Pub menu featuring steaks, burgers, shish tawouk....
- 2 Park & Trestle Pub and Restaurant, 102 10 St, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-3AM, Su 10AM-midnight, M 10AM-2AM. Burgers, sandwiches, soups, savoury and sweet pies, cocktails.
- Sushi Monster, 2114 14 Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 11:30AM-2:30PM and 4:30-9PM.
- Ribstone Creek Brewery, 4924 51 Street, Edgerton (36 km east of Wainwright), ☏ . Taproom: F 2–5PM, Sa 11AM–4PM.
- 1 Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, 1209 27 Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. From $150.
- 2 [dead link] Plains West Motor Inn, 1814 14 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Kitchenettes available. Single from $55, double from $70.
- 3 Ramada (Ramada by Wyndham Wainwright), 1510 27 Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. From $161.
- 4 R&R Inn, 1809 14 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. From $107.
|Routes through Wainwright|
|Vancouver ← Edmonton ←||W E||→ Biggar → Saskatoon|
|Edmonton ← Tofield ←||W E||→ becomes → The Battlefords → Prince Albert|
|Bonnyville ← Vermilion ←||N S||→ Oyen → Medicine Hat|