Walsall (pronounced wall-sawl) is an industrial town in the West Midlands. It is one of the largest towns in the UK.
The Metropolitan Borough of Walsall includes Aldridge, Bloxwich, Brownhills, Darlaston, Willenhall
On the M6, take junctions 7, 9 or 10, depending on the direction of travel.
- National Express (51): Birmingham → Newtown → Perry Barr → Great Barr, Scott Arms → Walsall
- National Express (529): Wolverhampton → Neachells → Willenhall → Bentley → Walsall
- 1 The New Art Gallery Walsall, Gallery Square (Parking at nearby Crown Wharf retail park, max. stay 4hrs.), ☎ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Sa 10AM - 5PM, Su 11AM - 4PM, Monday Closed. Permanent home of the Garman-Ryan collection comprising extensive works of Jacob Epstein plus works from Monet, Constable, Van Gogh, Picasso and Rembrandt. Temporary exhibitions change regularly (check website for what's on). Interactive activities are available to keep kids interested. Great building, great art, great price. Cafe. Free.
- 2 Walsall Leather Museum, Littleton Street West WS2 8EW. Tells the story of the leather trade in Walsall, charting the town's rise from a small market town into an international saddle-making centre. Housed in a Victorian factory building. Free.
- 1 Walsall FC, Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent WS1 4SA (From jcn 9 of M6, or trains to Bescot Stadium on the line between Birmingham New Street and Walsall), ☎ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. "The Saddlers" play soccer in League 1, the third tier of English football. Adults £15-19 Concessions £11-14.
- 1 Arbor Lights, 127-128 Lichfield St, WS1 1SY, ☎ . With a name derived from the now defunct illuminations held in the neighbouring park, this eatery is a bespoke gem. The high class menu and comfortable environment make Arbor Lights a perfect venue for meals in Walsall when the plethora of Indian restaurants have given you curry fatigue. Main £10-15.
The local branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) elected "The Fountain" as its 2017 Pub Of The Year.
- 1 The Wharf, 10 Wolverhampton St, WS2 8LR (At the top of the high street, next door to the art gallery), ☎ . Indie bar showcasing upcoming bands.
- 2 The Fountain Inn, 49 Lower Forster St, WS1 1XB, ☎ . M-Th: noon-2:30PM, 4:30PM-11PM, F-Su: noon-midnight.
- 1 Lyndon House Hotel, 9-10 Upper Rushall Street, Walsall, WS1 2HA, ☎ . A self-styled traditional English hostelry, the Lyndon house is situated in the shadow of the ornate St. Matthews church, aside the historic Walsall market. Single £45-65, Double £55-90.
- 2 Premier Inn Walsall Town Centre, Wolverhampton Street, WS2 8LR, ☎ . A fantastic location at the heart of the Walsall Waterfront. A vibrant canalside position offering excellent transport links to the M6. Single £52.00, Double £52.00.
|Routes through Walsall|
|Manchester ← Cannock ←||N S||→ Birmingham|
|Stafford ← Cannock ←||N S||→ Birmingham|
|Wolverhampton ←||W E||→ Sutton Coldfield|