Walsall is an industrial town in the West Midlands. It is one of the largest towns in the UK.
Lying firmly along the M6, take junctions 7, 9 or 10.
Regular buses can be caught from the surrounding areas particularly Birmingham (51) and Wolverhampton (529)
Regular trains run from Birmingham New Street
- The New Art Gallery Walsall, Gallery Square (Parking at nearby Crown Wharf retail park, max. stay 4hrs.), ☎ , fax: +44 1922 654401, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sa 10AM - 5PM, Su 11AM - 4PM, Monday Closed. Permanent home of the Garman-Ryan collection comprising extensive works of Jacob Epstein plus works from Monet, Constable, Van Gogh, Picasso and Rembrandt. Temporary exhibitions change regularly (check website for what's on). Interactive activities are available to keep kids interested. Great building, great art, great price. FREE.
- Walsall F.C., The Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent (Access to the ground can be made from j9 of the M6, or via trains thats run between Birmingham New Street and Walsall (N.B. only a selection of trains will stop at Bescot Stadium)), ☎ , fax: +44 1922 613202, e-mail: email@example.com. Games usually kick-off at 3PM Saturday. Currently plying their trade in League 1, the saddlers command a loyal following around 4000. The current team is a mix of youth and experience and enjoyed promotion in the 06/07 season. The football on show isn't always top notch but the balti pies are excellent. Adults £15-19 Concessions £11-14 (£2 discount is available for advance purchase).
- The Wharf, 10 Wolverhampton St, WS2 8LR (At the top of the high street, next door to the art gallery), ☎ . Opened to a wealth of praise, gaining architectural awards in the process. In more recent times it has evolved into an indie bar showcasing upcoming bands. There are constant rumours it is going to be levelled to make way for a car park, so the opportunities to visit may be declining. Great if you fancy getting messy on a Monday night.
- Arbor Lights, 127-128 Lichfield St, ☎ . With a name derived from the now defunct illuminations held in the neighbouring park, this eatery is a bespoke gem. The high class menu and comfortable environment make Arbor Lights a perfect venue for meals in Walsall when the plethora of Indian restaurants have given you curry fatigue. Main £10-15.
- Lyndon House Hotel, 9-10 Upper Rushall Street, Walsall, WS1 2HA, ☎ . A self-styled traditional English hostelry, the Lyndon house is situated in the shadow of the ornate St. Matthews church, aside the historic Walsall market. Single £45-65, Double £55-90.
- Premier Inn Walsall Town Centre (address=), ☎ . A fantastic location at the heart of the Walsall Waterfront. A vibrant canalside position offering excellent transport links to the M6. Single £52.00, Double £52.00 lat=.