Warth and Schröcken am Arlberg is a winter sport resort in Vorarlberg. The area compromises the villages Warth, Hochkrummbach, Lechleithen and Schröcken. It is one of the most popular winter sport resorts in the area. But also in summer the region attracts lots of hikers, climbers and bikers.
Warth is the second smallest community (in terms of inhabitants) in Vorarlberg, counting people. It is located 1.495 meters above sea level. The offical postal code is 6767.
Schröcken is home to 210 residents. The offical height is 1.269 meters and the postal code is 6888.
In winter to the train stations in Bregenz, Dornbirn or Reutte (Tyrol). From there by bus. In summer to Langen am Arlberg or St. Anton am Arlberg. This route is not possible in winter since this road is closed in winter for safety reasons.
Several bus lines bring you into the region. Bus schedules can be found here.
In winter there are regional ski buses that bring you to the ski areas.
In summer and autumn the region also offers hiking buses.
Please note that in winter there may be road closures due to the altitude and snowfall. For example, the L198 between Warth and Lech is permanently closed in winter. A vignette is also compulsory on Austria's motorways!
n the following link you will find travel options from the following directions: Munich, Stuttgart, Basel/Zurich, Geneva/Berne, Turin/Milan and Salzburg.
Dorfbus Warth-Schröcken is free and travels every 5 to 30 minutes, depending on the time of the day, between the villages and skilifts. In winter you can often directly ski down to your hotel.
If you stay inside Warth you can easily make your way by foot.
- 1 Skilifte Warth GmbH & Co KG, HNr. 51 (A-6767 Warth am Arlberg), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. great ski area with 300 km of prepared pistes and 87 ski lifts.
Go skiing or snowboarding and enjoy the fine slopes and magnificent views. Warth-Schröcken is one of the most secure resorts in terms of snow. With lots of slopes and many routes for advanced and back country skiers and snowboarders.
The history of skiing in Warth am Arlberg dates back to the late 19th century. Even before there were ski lifts, the local ski pioneer Pastor Johann Müller bought some skis. He taught himself to ski in 1984 in order to be able to get from the remote village of Warth to neighboring Lech in winter too. The ski tour named after Pastor Müller can still be done today. The first ski lifts in Warth were not built until the early 1950s. Nowadays, a total of over 300 kilometers of pistes await you in the Warth Schröcken ski area, which can be reached with 87 lifts. Due to its good geographical location, the Warth-Schröcken ski area is one of the most snow-sure ski areas in Europe - with an average of 11 meters of natural snow per season. Since 2016/17, Warth-Schröcken has been part of Ski Arlberg - the largest contiguous ski area in Austria, which is also one of the five largest ski areas in the world. So you can ski from Warth-Schröcken via Lech-Zürs, Stuben, St. Christoph to St. Anton.
- There is a professional park snowpark salober on an area of 15,000 m² (161,000 ft²) with rails, quarter pipe and big jumps.
Being a winter sport resort the prices for everyday shopping are a bit higher than usually in Vorarlberg. However there is a SPAR supermarket which is also open on Sunday in Warth and another one in Schröcken. Winter sports equipment can be rented in one of the several sports stores.
- [dead link] Tirolerhof Kellerbar, Dorf 10 Warth (right at Warth Dorfplatz village square), ☏ , S.Strolz@gmx.at. Daily except Wednesday from 20:00. For over 45 years this is the place to be for youngsters and adults alike. It's a nice bar with fair prices. In the early evening the music is still very après like, but gets way better as the night advances. There's also billiard and a table soccer available.
- 1 Hotel Steffisalp, Bregenzerwaldstraße 36 (Warth), ☏ , email@example.com.
- Official list of available accommodations in Warth-Schröcken provided by the tourism info