Washago is a small village at the northern tip of Lake Couchiching. It marks the approximate boundary between the forested lands of Central Ontario's "Cottage Country" and the Golden Horseshoe (and the farmlands of Southwestern Ontario). It is part of the Severn Township.
Coming north from Barrie or south from North Bay, take Highway 11 to the exit for Regional Road 169. (If you're coming from the south, turn right to go into Washago itself. Turning left will put you back on Highway 11 going the way you came.)
- 1 Washago railway station, 3321 Quetton (off highway 11, by the water tower). Washago is the first (or last) stop north of Toronto for The Canadian rail line. The station is not staffed and the building is not open to the public.
- 2 Washago Aerodrome. Washago Aerodrome does not have scheduled service.
Washago is on the Trent-Severn Waterway, so you can sail a small pleasure craft to the edge of town.
- McGregor on the Water, 3331 McClelland Rd. (at the top end of Lake Couchiching, just at the mouth of the Trent-Severn Waterway before Lock 42), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. May - mid-October M-F 9AM-5:30PM, Sa 9AM-4PM, Su 10AM-3PM; mid-October - April M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa-Su by appointment. A full-service marina that accepts transient business.
Washagofest (late August) - antique car show with live entertainment.
- Canoe Fresh Foods, 3384 Muskoka St.. Fresh produce, freshly baked breads and sweets.
- Hooper’s, 3383 Muskoka Street. Quaint and cozy gift store, retailing local artisans with excellent coffee and deserts.
- R'Cottage, 3385 Muskoka St, ☏ . M 11:30AM-8PM, W-Th 11:30AM-8PM, F 11:30AM-9PM, Sa noon-9PM. Licensed eatery. Salads and sandwiches at lunch; salads, sandwiches, and rotisserie chicken and ribs at supper. Whole roast chickens available for take out after 4:30PM.
- Log Cabin Restaurant, 3394 Muskoka Street, ☏ . Tu-Su 7AM-3PM. Diner.
- 1 Washago Village Inn, 3363 Muskoka St, ☏ . Will meet guests at the train station.
- Northland Motel and Restaurant, 9603 Hwy. 11 North, ☏ , toll-free: . Restaurant open M W Th Su 8AM-8PM, F Sa 8AM-9PM From $65/night.
|Routes through Washago|
|Winnipeg ← Parry Sound ←||W E||→ Toronto → END|
|North Bay ← Gravenhurst ←||N S||→ Orillia → Barrie|