Waterville Valley is a resort town in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Waterville Valley attracts many visitors in the winter months with alpine skiing at Waterville Valley Resort and many miles of trails for cross-country skiing. During the summer, attractions include a golf course, tennis courts, and lots of hiking. The Mad River flows through the town, providing great views all year round.
Waterville valley was first settled in the 1760s, and incorporated as Waterville in 1829. The name Waterville Valley was adopted in 1967.
Take Exit 28 on I-93 then follow route 49 east for about 11 miles.
Waterville Valley Resort is a pedestrian-friendly village, so once you're here you can leave your car parked and easily get around on foot or bike.
- Waterville Valley Resort Shuttle – Hop on the open air trolley for quick transport, or simply enjoy a leisurely scenic ride around the valley.
- White Mountain Athletic Club (Route 49 across the street from the Golden Eagle Lodge and Packard's Field), ☏ . Swimming, fitness, weights, indoor tennis, game room.
- [dead link] Waterville Valley Golf Club, ☏ .
- Waterville Valley Indoor Ice Arena (Ice Skating), ☏ .
- Waterville Valley Tennis Center, ☏ .
- Waterville Valley Resort (Skiing), 1 Ski Area Rd, toll-free: .
- Boating. A fleet of over 30 kayaks, pedal boats and canoes are available at the Town Square dock.
- Bike Rentals. Ride around the village or on scenic trails
There are many shops in town square.
- The Adventure Center at Waterville Valley, ☏ . A full service mountain biking and hiking center, with retail bikes and accessories, rentals, lessons, and guided tours.
- Bookmonger, ☏ . Providing a great selection of books for both adult and younger readers.
- Dreams & Visions Gifts, ☏ . A one stop shop for high quality gifts and home accents. Holly Yashi and Michael Michaud jewelry, Willow Tree figures, Hadley pottery, and wonderful made in New Hampshire products. Also carrying sundresses, straw hats and bags, and skin care products for fun in the summer sun.
- [dead link] I Dream of Beading & Artistic Gifts, ☏ . Make your own beaded jewelry. Great selection of beads & supplies, gifts, and Russian artwork reproductions. Instructional beading classes - You choose the beads, and the shop professionals help you do the rest!
- Jugtown Country Store (Town Square), ☏ . Grocery market featuring essentials and gourmet items. Green Mountain Coffee, New Hampshire maple products, deli with Boar's Head meats and cheeses, fresh baked breads, pies, breakfast pastries, wine and beer.
- Post Office, ☏ . Purchase stamps and mail letters & postcards at the U.S. Postal Station.
- Toad Hall Toys, ☏ . High quality American made toys and games for fun in the summer sun as well as indoor activities for rainy days. Legos, Tech decks, Ty dolls, a HUGE stuffed animal section, and an exclusive Sand Art Gallery.
- Waterville Valley Coffee Emporium, ☏ . Handcrafted mugs, teakettles, creative accessories for the kitchen, and more.
- [dead link] Waterville Valley Golf Pro Shop, ☏ . Located at the Golf Club. Fully-stocked pro shop features sportswear from Nike, Ping, Monterey Bay, and Fairway Golf & Resort. Golf clubs and bags from Tour Edge and Wilson. Speed carts from Sun Mountain.
- Waterville Valley Shirt Company, ☏ . The Valley's oldest and largest souvenir/gift store. Clothing, sweatshirts, t-shirts, swimsuits, stuffed animals, candles, fleece and accessories for the whole family.
- Waterville Valley Tennis Pro Shop (Tennis Center), ☏ . Nike tennis wear, sneakers, and racquets.
- White Mountain Athletic Club's 1829 Shop (White Mountain Athletic Club), ☏ . Bathing suits, swimming goggles and pool accessories, Waterville Valley logo wear, sweatshirts, upscale sportswear and sneakers.
There are many restaurants in town square.
- Coffee Emporium (2nd floor in the C building), ☏ .
- Coyote Grill (second level of the White Mountain Athletic Club), ☏ .
- [dead link] Diamond's Edge North (second level), ☏ .
- The Flying Burrito Bros (Olde Town Marketplace in Town Square), ☏ . OPEN SUMMER ONLY.
- [formerly dead link] Jugtown Coffee Shop, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Jugtown Sandwich Shop, ☏ .
- Legends 1291 Sports Bar (lower courtyard of Town Square), ☏ .
- Olde Waterville Pizza Co. (lower courtyard, bottom level of B Building), ☏ .
- [dead link] Black Bear Lodge, toll-free: .
- Golden Eagle Lodge, 28 Packard's Rd, toll-free: .
- Snowy Owl Inn, 41 Village Rd, toll-free: .
- Town Square Condominiums, Town Square, toll-free: .
- The Valley Inn, 17 Tecumseh Rd, toll-free: .
- Village Condominium, 8 Davos Way, ☏ .