North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Finger Lakes > Eastern Finger Lakes > Watkins Glen
From Ithaca, Watkins Glen is an hour west on NY 79.
The fastest way around Watkins Glen is by racecar.
- Watkins Glen International, 2790 County Route 16, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. NASCAR race track with on-site campground.
- Grand Prix Festival of Watkins Glen, 211 N. Franklin St, ☎ , fax: . Annual main street gathering of classic and sport cars in early September.
- Watkins Glen State Park. Watkins Glen contains running trails and various small rock waterfalls at the southern tip of Seneca Lake.
- Farm Sanctuary, 3150 Aikens Rd, ☎ . Animal rescue farm with vegan bed-and-breakfast accommodations ($110/night) and guided farm tours. US $5/person.
- Rooster Fish Brewing, 223 - 301 North Franklin St, ☎ . Brew pub and café with on-site bed and breakfast.
- The Local, 220 S Franklin St, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM-9PM, check-out: 11AM. One of the few hostels in all of Western New York, The Local features hand-crafted bunk beds, one pair to a room, with memory-foam mattresses. Shared bathrooms, common kitchen. The proprietors are eager to share advice and assist with trip planning. $25-30 per bed.
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St, ☎ , fax: .
- Longhouse Lodge Motel and Manor Lodge, 3625 Ste Rte 14 (Rte 14 & Abrams Rd.), ☎ , fax: .
- Clute Park, 155 S. Clute Park Drive, ☎ . Wooded 35-acre municipal camp ground on Seneca Lake, swimming, lifeguard, tennis, soccer, fireplaces, picnic area, playground, ball field, skate park, boat launch adjacent. US $28-43/night.