North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Central Massachusetts > South County (Massachusetts) > Webster (Massachusetts)
Webster is about 40 miles from Worcester along Interstate 290 and Interstate 395. There is no
- Route 16 gives views of the north end of the lake.
- Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. That 45 letter name is the longest place name in the United States (and contains the most uses of the letters "g" and "a" in any English word). The beautiful sping-fed lake was a critical fishing site for Native Americans of the area and later supported shoe and textile industry. The lake may now be referred to as Webster Lake, or officially "Lake Chaubunagungamaug" but the full name lives on. Watch the sailboat races every Sunday in summer. Fish, swim or boat from the 17 mile shoreline the famous 1442 acre lake. Fishing is mostly for smallmouth bass, pickerel or perch. The town appropriates money for stocking the lake. The lake has excellent white sandy beaches. Point Breeze, Indian Inn, and Bates Grove are favorite picnic areas.
- Point Breeze, 114 Point Breeze Rd, ☎ .
- Lake Pizza & Restaurant, 39 Thompson Rd, ☎ .
- The Lodge Restaurant Pub, 148 Gore Road, ☎ .
- Annex East-West Lodge, 5 Point Pleasant Rd, ☎ .
|Routes through Webster|
|Worcester ← Oxford ←||N S||→ Norwich → New Haven|
|END ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Milford|