North America > United States of America > Rocky Mountains (United States of America) > Montana > Northwestern Montana > West Glacier
- Amtrak, Hwy 2, east of Going-to-the-Sun Rd. Station hours M-F 8AM-4:30PM. The Empire Builder stops in West Glacier.
- Glacier Guides, 11970 Hwy 2 East, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 7AM-7PM daily. Glacier National Park's rivers and trails guide service, offering rafting, fishing, guided day hiking, chalet treks and backpacking trips. Gear and raft rental also available.
- Glacier Outdoor Center, 12400 Hwy 2 East, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 7:30AM-9PM. Glacier National Park's full service fly shop and outdoor store. Hiking, camping, rafting and fishing sales and rentals.
- Glacier Guides and Montana Raft, 11970 Hwy 2 East (1.5 miles west of the town of West Glacier.), ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. 8AM - 7PM May - October. Hiking, rafting, fishing, and lodging company that sells adventures in and around Glacier Park and souvenirs. Maps, bear spray (at cost), t shirts, hats, swimsuits, fleece shirts, books and food to go. Rafting and camping epuipment rentals.
- West Glacier Restaurant. Very good food and service. Full service menu with great dinners and excellent variety of selection and prices.
- Belton Chalet, 12575 Hwy 2 East (Across from the Amtrak station), ☎ . The first of the great lodges and chalets built for Glacier National Park by Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. A fully restored 1910 hotel and restaurant property offers lodging in a historic atmosphere. Rooms contain one queen sized bed and a private bathroom. No TV or phone. Private cabins are available and fill up very fast. Continental breakfast and shuttle service to and from the train station are complimentary. The Grill Dining Room features fresh local foods, Montana brews, fine wines and a full selection of spirits, with live music and views of Glacier Park. Room rates vary by season ($135-$285 in July and August, $115-$205 in June, September and October).
- Glacier Guides Lodge, 120 Highline Blvd (turn across from train station), ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. New in 2010. 12 rooms, 2 queen beds, private bath, satellite TV, continental breakfast, internet, wi-fi, air conditioning. Eco-sensitive operations. Part of Glacier Guides and Montana Raft Company (providing rafting, hiking, fishing trips). Open May - October. $110 - $195 rates vary by season.
- Glacier Outdoor Center Cabins, 12400 Hwy 2 East, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Deluxe 1, 2 & 3 bedroom cabins just outside the west entrance to Glacier National Park. Complete kitchen, full bath, Wi-Fi, gas fireplace, satellite TV, gass grill, covered deck, private trout ponds. Cabin rates vary by season ($314-$550 in July & August, 30% off shoulder season, 60% off low season).
- US Post Office, 110 Going to the Sun Rd, ☎ .
|Routes through West Glacier|
|Spokane ← Whitefish ←||W E||→ Essex → Minot|
|Kalispell ← Hungry Horse ←||W E||→ Shelby → Essex|