West Grove, PA is a small suburb in Southern Chester County with an estimated population of 2,781 residents. Although this town is known for its country charm, it has seen a lot of development throughout the past decade. Its farmland has gradually been turning into new neighborhoods and shopping centers.
If you are traveling long distance, Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is approximately a 50 minute drive from West Grove. Rental cars and taxis (215-937-6958) are available to help you travel from the airport to West Grove. Also, SEPTA Regional Rail has a Wilmington/Newark Line that runs from Delaware to Philadelphia. The Newark train station is approximately a 25-30 minute drive from West Grove. A car or taxi (610-384-2900) can also be used to get to West Grove.
A car is the most practical way to travel throughout West Grove. Some distances are short enough that you are able to walk or bike to since it is a very small town.
Red Rose Inn [dead link]: The property that The Red Rose Inn sits on was once owned by William Penn. He sublet this property to a family member and in 1740 the inn was built. It served as a place for commerce and for travelers to eat, rest, and catch up on the latest news. In the 1980’s, the inn was turned into a restaurant and rumors arose that this building is haunted. Restaurant staff and patrons told stories of seeing various ghosts and mysterious occurrences. Located at 804 W Baltimore Pike West Grove, PA 19390.
Longwood Gardens: Although not in West Grove, Longwood Gardens is worth the 25 minute drive. It features beautiful gardens, events and performances, and family fun. Located at 1001 Longwood Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348 (610)-388-1000.
Farmers Market: The market opens May 7th and goes until mid-October. It is open every Thursday from 2-6 pm at Harmony Park. Locally produced vegetables, fruits, herbs, cut flowers, mushrooms, plants, honey, jams and jellies, baked goods, chicken and eggs can be found at this market. Located at 294 West Harmony Road, West Grove, PA 19390.
Boomers Family Fun: Boomers is made for both children and adults to enjoy. There is a driving range, mini golf course, ice skating rink, laser tag, arcade games, sport court, bounce zone, and much more! Located at 1056 Gap Newport Pike, Avondale, PA (610)-268-5678.
Kreutz Creek Vineyards: A local and quaint winery that is the perfect location for special events. You can rent the tasting room for small parties of up to 40 people. If you are looking to host a larger party of up to 350 people, you can reserve a tent on the vineyard. This is ideal for weddings, family reunions, or anniversaries. Located at 553 S. Guernsey Road, West Grove, PA 19390 ((610)-869-4412.
Blockbuster Video: Large selection of movies, video games, and snacks. Located at 853 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-9812.
CVS: The place to buy all of your necessities. It has a pharmacy and photo center. Located at 857 West Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390. (610)-869-5500
Dansko Outlet: This outlet sells Dansko shoes with minor imperfections at discounted prices. Located at 33 Federal Road, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-5765.
Giant Food Store: The local grocery store. Located at 849 West Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-345-1426.
Hallmark: Greeting card and gift shop. Located at 833 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-6299.
Pets and Friends: Pet foods and accessories. Located at 51 Jenners Village Center, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-345-1145.
Sweet Peas of Jennersville: This quaint floral shop provides beautiful arrangements for everyday occasions or special events such as weddings and banquets. Located at 816 West Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-345-1763.
Village Frame & Art: Picture frame shop. Located at 841 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-5522.
Wackadoodle’s Toy Shop: Specialty toy store for children. Located at 61 Jenners Village Center, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-2404.
- Café Cali: A delicious place for breakfast or lunch with friendly servers. Located at 50 Railroad Ave # 2, West Grove, PA 19390-1248 (610)-869-5859.
- Corner Café: A small restaurant with big taste. Make sure you try their sweet bread. It is to die for! The staff is always very friendly and the service is good. Located at 827 Old Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-5557.
- Starbucks: A chain coffee shop with drive-thru. Located at 35 Jenners Village Ctr, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-6230.
- Capriotti's Sandwich Shop Amazing subs and they also provide catering services. Located at 827 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-345-1050.
- Dairy Queen: Frozen yogurt, milkshakes, hamburgers, wraps, sandwiches, hot dogs, fries, etc. Located at 851 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-5580.
- McDonald's: American fast food. Known for its tasty hamburgers and fries. Located at 859 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-345-1566.
- Penn Brew Station: All-American food, take out beer, and quick service. Located at 627 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-8830.
- Twelves Grill and Cafe: This New American cuisine restaurant is in a historical building in the heart of West Grove. Emphasize their locally made ingredients. Located at 10 Exchange Place, West Grove, PA(610)-869-4020.
- Aurora Pizzeria and Pasta Kitchen: A more casual Italian restaurant but delicious entrees and great service. Located at 27 Jenners Village Ctr, West Grove, Pennsylvania 19390 (610)-869-8811.
- Brother's Pizza & Restaurant: The best pizza in West Grove. Available for delivery, pick up, or dining in at a booth or their restaurant next door. Located at 7 Exchange Place, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-869-9070.
- Great Wall Buffet: Plentiful buffet with friendly staff. Located at 829 W Baltimore Pike, West Grove, PA19390 (610)-869-5588.
- Mi Cocina: Authentic Mexican cuisine with great service. The restaurant is BYOB and the option for take out is also available. Located at 55 Jenners Village Center, West Grove, PA 19390 (610)-450-6125.
Fairfield Inn & Suites: Located at 719 East Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania 19348 (610)-444-8995.
Hilton Garden Inn: Located at 815 East Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania 19348 (610)-444-9100.
You can take a taxi or drive a car to the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) which is about a 50 minute drive from West Grove. You can also take a taxi(215-937-6958)or car to SEPTA Regional Rail's Wilmington or Newark train station which both run from Delaware to Philadelphia. The Newark train station is the closest and is approximately a 25-30 minute drive from West Grove. A car can also be used to leave West Grove.
|Routes through West Grove|
|Philadelphia ← Kennett Square ←||N S||→ Oxford → Baltimore|