North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Berkshire Hills > Stockbridge
Stockbridge is a town located in Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts. As of the 2000 census, the town had a total population of 2,276. It is the setting for Arlo Guthrie's song "Alice's Restaurant", and home to the non-profit Berkshire Botanical Garden. It is also the location of the Austen Riggs Center, a notable psychiatric hospital famous for its association with Erik H. Erikson.
- Berkshire Botanical Garden, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Intersection Routes 102 & 183.
- Chesterwood, ☎ . Williamsville Rd. Open late May-mid October. Home of sculptor Daniel Chester French (created Minuteman Statue, sitting Lincoln at Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.)
- Naumkeag, 5 Prospect Hill Road (From Points East: Mass Turnpike (I-90), Exit 2. Take Rt. 102 West approx. 5 mi. into Stockbridge. Turn right onto Pine St. and bear left onto Prospect Hill Rd. Follow for 0.5 mi. to entrance and parking on left. From Points West: I-90 East to Exit B3, NY Rt. 22 South. Take 1st left onto Rt. 102 East. Follow approx. 7.5 mi. to Stockbridge. Turn left onto Pine St., then bear left onto Prospect Hill Rd.), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open May 26 to October 15, daily, 10AM to 5PM. Closed the rest of the year. 19th-century mansion plus gardens. Admission includes a garden audio tour. House and gardens - Adult $15; Child (up to 12) free. Pre-booked groups of 15 or more receive a discount; call for details.
- Norman Rockwell Museum, ☎ . Route 183. Open daily. Adults $12.50, Students $7, under 18 free.
- The Lion’s Den at the Red Lion Inn is a great spot for live music once the town shuts down for the evening. The den has frequent performers such as James Taylor, David Grover, and other local favorites. Additionally the den has pub-style foods and beverages, as well as a monthly trivia night.
- Red Lion Inn, 30 Main St, ☎ , fax: .
- Suburban Extended Stay, 7465 Davidson Parkway South, ☎ . Check-in: 3pm, check-out: 12pm. This hotel offers free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms.
|Routes through Stockbridge|
|Pittsfield ← Lenox ←||N S||→ Great Barrington → Danbury|