In 1838, Mercer County was established and in 1855, the current borders for West Windsor were defined containing 26.84 miles. Today, West Windsor can still identify the six farming villages that were a part of the area:
Clarksville – at the intersection of Route One and Quakerbridge Roads Dutch Neck – at the intersection of Village and South Mill Roads Edinburg – at the intersection of Old Trenton and Edinburg Roads Grovers Mill – at the intersection of Cranbury and Clarksville Roads Penns Neck – on either side of Washington Road east of Route One Port Windsor/Mercer – at the end of Quakerbridge Road at the Delaware Canal
-As of the 2010 United States Census, the township population was 27,165.
NJ Transit function's a Princeton Junction stop located in West Windsor. This line is often filled during the morning and evening rush hours with commuters traveling to New York or Philadelphia.
COACH USA (under the name Suburban) offers bus service from New York and New Brunswick to West Windsor stopping at the Princeton Junction train station.
West Windsor can be accessed from routes 1,571, & 64. Exit 8A can be taken from the NJ Turnpike. Exit 67 towards New Brunswick can be taken from 95.
West Windsor is the home of many beautiful parks.
- Ron Rogers Arboretum. This tree farm is composed of about 12 acres of open field and 13 acres of mature woodland.
- Van Nest Park. Features of this park include a picnic pavilion with grills and picnic tables, new playground equipment, dock and boat launch and open space for sports and games.
- West Windsor Community Park. This 123-acre park currently includes a playground, walking-jogging paths, two tennis courts and is home to the West Windsor WaterWorks Family Aquatic Center. The park also has baseball, Babe Ruth and soccer fields utilized by the various Township sports organizations. New additions to the park include basketball courts, skate park and dog park.
- Mercer County Community College, West Windsor
- Princeton University, Princeton
- Rider University Lawrence Township
- The College of New Jersey (TCNJ), Trenton/Ewing Township
- Thomas Edison State College, Trenton
- Quaker Bridge Mall, Route 1 & Quakerbridge RD, ☎ . 11-9.
- Book Worm, 54 N Main St, ☎ .
- **Charmed by Claire, 33 N Main St, ☎ .
- Brother's Pizzeria, 948 Alexander Rd, ☎ .
- Al Jon's Pizza & Sub Shop, 64 Princeton Hightstown Rd # G, ☎ .
- Capuano Italian Ristorante, 2025 Old Trenton Rd, ☎ . There are two sides of the restaurant, a bit dressier side and a pizza place side.
- First Wok Chinese Restaurant, 295 Princeton Hightstown Rd #1, ☎ .
- Bagel Hole, 64 Princeton Hightstown Rd # C. Fresh bagels, lots of selections, including spinach and multi veggie. Plenty of cream cheeses, including low fat cream cheese, veggie cream cheese and the lox is wonderful.
- Americana Diner, US Highway 130N.
- Triumph Brewing Co., 138 Nassau St, ☎ .
- Alchemist & Barrister, 28 Witherspoon St, ☎ .
Most hotels pay the township for a Princeton zip code (simply because it sounds more enticing than 'West Windsor.' However, the following hotels are in West Windsor Township.
- Hyatt Regency, 102 Carnegie Center. 347 Rooms 4 Floors. Located 50 miles from Philadelphia Int'l Airport in a semi-rural area, this atrium hotel is on a landscaped setting in Carnegie Center just 3 miles from Princeton University. Recreational facilities heated, indoor pool outdoor whirlpool (seasonal), fully equipped fitness center, men's and women's locker room with saunas and showers, jogging paths, bicycling trails, tennis and basketball courts and six golf courses within a five mile radius of the hotel. There are also restaurants and a comedy club on hotel premises.Guest room amenities include TV with remote control, cable movie channels, in-room pay moviesvoice mail, telephone w/message light, computer hookup, two telephones, video messages, video account review, video check-out, daily newspaper delivery, individual climate control, electronic door locks, full bath amenities, hairdryers, turndown available on request, iron, ironing boards, AM/FM alarm clock, bathrobes on request, work desk with ergonomic chair/side chair and coffee maker. There is a charge of 15 per stay for refrigerators in the room.
- Homewood Suites, 3819 Route 1 South. 142 Rooms 4 Floors. Homewood Suites Princeton is located two miles from downtown Princeton, two miles from Princeton University and 45 miles from Newark Liberty International Airport. Local attractions include Great Adventure Park, Lake Carnegie, New Brunswick Theater, and Sesame Place.This hotel features 142 suites equipped with standard room amenities, complimentary high-speed Internet access, well-lit workspaces, two telephones with voicemail, and dataports, and kitchens with full-sized refrigerator and granite countertops.The Homewood Suites Princeton also offers free parking, suite shop, free breakfast, complimentary grocery shopping service, indoor pool, fitness center, and business centers.
|Routes through West Windsor|
|New York City ← North Brunswick ←||N S||→ Trenton → Philadelphia|