Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > Caithness and Sutherland > Wick (Scotland)
Wick is a town in the northeast of the Scottish Highlands.
Wick is situated at the end of the Far North railway line, with 2 or 3 services daily to/from Inverness, taking about 4 hours.
- 1 Wick Heritage Museum, 18-27 Bank Row, Lower Pulteneytown. Easter - Oct: Mon - Sat 10am to 3.45pm.
- 2 Castle of Old Wick (1 mile south of Wick), ☎ . Unstaffed - always open. Ruins of castle dating from 1100, in a stunning location on a narrow promitory
- 3 Cairn o'Get (6 miles south of Wick, near Whaligoe.). Unstaffed - always open. 5000 year old burial tomb
- 4 World's Shortest Street, Ebenezer Place (near he bridge at the corner of River Street and Union Street). A street that is 6ft 9in (2m) long.
- 1 Climb the Whaligoe Steps (6 miles south of Wick, near the village of Ulbster). Descend 365 steps to a harbour created in the early nineteenth century
- 1 Wick Caravan And Camping Site, Riverside Drive, KW1 5SP. There is a nice camp in Wick, by the river, 5 minutes walk from the train station.
- 2 Nethercliffe Hotel, Louisburgh St, ☎ .