Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > Highland (Scotland) > Dingwall
Dingwall is a town in Ross-shire in the Scottish Highlands.
Dingwall can be reached by road via the A9. It lies approximately 15 miles north-west of Inverness and is well sign-posted.
- 1 Dingwall railway station. services coming from Inverness and going on to Wick as well as the start of the Kyle of Lochalsh Line.
- 1 Hector MacDonald Memorial Tower, Mitchell Hill Cemetery.
- 1 Tollie Red Kites (RSPB), Brahan, by Maryburgh (Off the A835 after the Maryburgh Roundabout. About 7km from Dingwall.), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 9AM-5PM. Visitor centre to watch for red kites, who are fed every day. A variety of other birds can also be spotted. Free.
- 1 National Hotel, High Street, Dingwall, IV15 9HA, ☎ . Family run hotel with 45 rooms. Single from £50.
- 2 Tulloch Castle Hotel, Tulloch Castle Drive, Dingwall, IV15 9ND, ☎ . A castle dating from the 12th century, with a 250 year old panelled great hall. It is now a 20 bedroom hotel. From £71.
- 3 Dingwall Camping and Caravanning Club Site, Jubilee Park Road, IV15 9QZ (next to the football ground), ☎ . Pitches for caravans, motorhomes and tents. Members and non-members welcome.