Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > Ross and Cromarty > DingwallJump to navigation Jump to search
Dingwall is a town in Ross-shire in the Scottish Highlands.
Dingwall can be reached by road via the A9. It lies approximately 15 miles north-west of Inverness and is well sign-posted.
- 1 Hector MacDonald Memorial Tower, Mitchell Hill Cemetery. Monument to the 19th-century major general, known as 'Fighting Mac'. He was born a few miles from Dingwall, and fought in the Boer War, Afghan War and Sudan Campaign.
- 2 Dingwal Museum, Town House, High Street, IV15 9RY, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Mid May to September 10:00-16:30. Local artefacts and exhibitions. Free.
- 1 Tollie Red Kites (RSPB), Brahan, by Maryburgh (Off the A835 after the Maryburgh Roundabout. About 7km from Dingwall.), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 9AM-5PM. Visitor centre to watch for red kites, who are fed every day. A variety of other birds can also be spotted. Free.
- 1 National Hotel, High Street, IV15 9HA, ☎ . Family run hotel with 45 rooms. Single from £50.
- 2 Tulloch Castle Hotel, Tulloch Castle Drive, IV15 9ND, ☎ . A castle dating from the 12th century, with a 250 year old panelled great hall. It is now a 20 bedroom hotel. From £71.
- 3 Dingwall Camping and Caravanning Club Site, Jubilee Park Road, IV15 9QZ (next to the football ground), ☎ . Pitches for caravans, motorhomes and tents. Members and non-members welcome.
|Routes through Dingwall|
|Thurso/Wick ← Tain ←||NE S||→ Inverness → Perth|