|This page is no longer active and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. Do not assume content on this page is still correct or up-to-date.|
This is a project for developing formats and specific policies for articles relating to cruising on small craft, and anything else that may be necessary for developing a cruising guide on Wikivoyage.
- Cruising boaters would benefit by a way to crowdsource their own experiences and tips. Until now, the only way they had to do it was to write articles for each other. There are advantages to a wiki article as compared to a dead tree article.
- Wikivoyage is a suitable platform for this project. It has appropriate resources and the concept is within our goals
- It is preferable to develop some guidelines for structure and formatting before creating large numbers of articles, as this will save time and reduce misunderstanding and conflict later.
- It is desirable to fit the cruising articles into the existing article structural framework where appropriate, Extensions are probably neccessary.
- Create guidelines for structure of cruising articles
- Develop a recommended format/article templates for cruising articles
- Develop a naming convention for cruising articles
(Sign up here for the cruising expedition — Just leave your signature on a new line)
- • • • Peter (Southwood) (talk): 05:50, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
- --Peter Talk
- Iowajason (talk) 23:06, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
Things to do
- Discuss and develop a Wikivoyage:Cruising Expedition/Structure for cruising articles.