The LGBT Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition, a collaboration by editors to expand and maintain content of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) travellers.
A significant number of travellers are LGBT, and many of them have unique interests, concerns and needs. The LGBT Expedition's role is to help Wikivoyage fulfill its mission to serve the traveller, by providing LGBT travellers the info they need to make their travel experiences the best they can be.
In particular, our goals are:
- To provide practical advice for LGBT travellers on the unique issues they face, such as discrimination, homophobia and transphobia, and other legal and social issues.
- To list accommodations that welcome (or don't welcome) LGBT travellers.
- To list venues (restaurants, bars, nightclubs, etc.) and events (pride parades, club nights, etc.) that cater to LGBT people.
- To inform travellers about historical sites, museums, monuments, and other attractions that particularly interest LGBT travellers.
This involves enhancing LGBT-specific information on existing articles, as well as creating specific travel topics or itineraries, equivalent to pages like New York City with children or Literary London, where it is appropriate.
Specific pages of interest
- Belfast/Gay_and_lesbian_Belfast (appears to have been redirected to city's main article)
- Manchester/East Central
We welcome any Wikivoyager to participate, whatever their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We invite you to add yourself to the list of members below if you'd like to get involved.
- Tom Morris
- Athelwulf (talk)
- Tom Holland (Xltel) (talk)
- User:Argos'Dad (talk)
- I am interested in LGBT travel in India. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:25, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
- Shujenchang (talk)
- Rajeeb (talk!)
- Add your name here!