Wikivoyage talk:How to revert a page
Reversion confusion question
Earlier today, I tried to revert the Main Page, because someone had filled it with spam. I followed what I remembered from the Help page, checked it in the preview, and saved it. The saved version looked just like the spam version instead of what I had previewed. This confused me, making me think that I had to change the Main Page to make the edit stick. So I added San Francisco to the list of North American cities. That was my 2nd attempt at reversion.
Did I really have to add something to make the reversion work, or not? I've reread the Help page, and it says that I don't have to change the content to make it work. -- (WT-en) Mikito 16:24, 23 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- No, your don't need to make a change -- try messing about with the Graffiti wall to get the hang of it. When you are in the edit window, there should be a warning at the top of the page that you are currently editing an out-of-date version of the page. -- (WT-en) Colin 16:33, 23 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- OK, thanks. I think that was the first time I've ever tried to revert a page. I wouldn't have changed anything on the Main Page if not for my confusion. -- (WT-en) Mikito 16:53, 23 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- The reason it may not have worked for you is that there may have been some kind of internal software conflict -- apparently I reverted the spam at the same time as you did, but for some reason my reversion isn't showing up in the recent changes. Very possibly the problems were a one-time, chance thing. -- (WT-en) Wrh2 16:57, 23 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- I've just practiced reversion on the graffiti page and it works as promised. I also looked at the recent changes, and my first reversion of the main page looks correct. It's very odd--as if my computer was the only one showing the spam version as the latest version. I wonder if it has something to do with my browser's cache. -- (WT-en) Mikito 17:09, 23 Jun 2005 (EDT)
Someone added advertising to 10 articles; also, is there an easy way to undo all edits by that user?
Hi. User 184.108.40.206 added advertising for a certain bus service, full of ad-copy-like words, to about 10 different articles. Could someone please remove it? Also, for future reference, is there any way to undo one edit by that user, or better yet, all edits made by that user, with only a few clicks? Cheers, (WT-en) Unforgettableid 17:22, 3 June 2009 (EDT)
- Admins can do a one-click rollback, but it still takes one click per article. (WT-en) LtPowers 18:47, 3 June 2009 (EDT)
- Oh, and it can only be done if there haven't been any other edits since. These edits you linked were in January, so there's no way to do it except manually. (WT-en) LtPowers 18:49, 3 June 2009 (EDT)