Willimantic is in Mystic-Eastern, Connecticut.
Willimantic is a borough in Windham County, United States. It has had a mill city culture, like many other towns in the area, the mill was the center of town for a very long time.
Hartford: Take Interstate 84 to Exit 59 (signs should be saying "To Providence"), which then you take Interstate 384 to the end of the highway, which you take US 6 (signs should be saying "Willimantic, Providence"), which then you continue on US 6, until you go on Connecticut Route 66, which brings you to downtown Willimantic.
New London: Take either Interstate 395, or Connecticut Route 32 then Interstate 395, both will lead you into Norwich. Which then you take the Connecticut Route 2/32 West exit (Exit 13B), which then you take Exit 25, onto Route 32, which should lead you to South Windham/Willimantic.
Providence: Follow signs to US 6, then on US 6 until North Windham.
The Windham Region Transit District provides buses for the town, and the surrounding area.
Most of Willimantic's attractions is accessible by foot.
- Willimantic Textile & History Museum, 411 Main Street (Route 66), ☏ . F-Su 10AM-4PM. This museum provides a look into Willimantic's textile past. Free.
- Eastern Connecticut Railroad Museum, 55 Bridge Street (Route 32), ☏ . May to Oct: Sa Su 10AM -4PM. The museum is on the original site of the Columbia Junction Freight Yard. Vintage railroad buildings and a six-stall roundhouse reconstructed on the original foundation of the yard. Adults: $8, children (under 12): $3, cash only.
- Willimantic Whitewater Partnership, 41 High Street, ☏ . Various times. You can soon ride on the Willimantic River, all the way down to the Shetucket River. Free (donations requested).
- Willimantic Footbridge, 768 Main Street (Route 66). Open 24/7. You are able to walk safely across the Willimantic River and the local coach yard to Route 32 on the other side. Free.
- Bench Shop, 786 Main Street (Route 66), ☏ . M-Sa 9:30AM-5:30PM. A well-known local shop.
- Jewels Verne Jewelers, 723 Main Street (Route 66), ☏ .
Eat and drink
- Cafémantic, 948 Main Street (Route 66), ☏ . Su 10AM-8PM, M 11AM-4PM, Tu-F 11AM-late, Sa 10AM-late. A small plate restaurant for lunch and dinner, alcohol is available. Price: $$, Type: American
- Willimantic Brewing Company, 967 Main Street, ☏ (Route 66). Su 11:30AM-1AM, M 4PM-1AM, Tu-Th 11:30AM-1AM, F Sa 11:30AM- 2AM. A brewery that oprates inside a historic US Post Office, Price: $$, Type: Pub.
- Best Western Storrs, 123 Storrs Rd (Route 195), Mansfield, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free WiFi, 87 rooms, $91-101.
- Passport Inn and Suites Chaplin, 231 Willimantic Road (US 6), Chaplin, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. 24 rooms, $70-80.
|Routes through Willimantic|
|Hartford ← Manchester ←||W E||→ Scituate → Providence|