Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Alexander House, 1131 Wisconsin River Dr, Port Edwards, ☏ . Tu, Th, Su 1PM-4PM. An old colonial home on the west bank of the Wisconsin River. The house serves as both an art gallery with rotating exhibits and a local history museum with exhibits on papermaking and the lumber industry. Free.
- 2 South Wood County Historical Museum, 540 3rd St S, ☏ . Memorial day-Labor Day: Tu-Th, Su 1PM-4PM; closed rest of year. Local history museum. Exhibits include a display on the work of Grim Natwick, an early animator for the Walt Disney Company. Free.
- 3 Wisconsin River Papermaking Museum, 730 1st Ave S, ☏ . Tu, Th 1PM-4PM. The museum is located in a century-old mansion near the west bank of the Wisconsin River. Exhibits cover the history of the mansion as as the dam on the Wisconsin River and the Consolidated Water Power & Paper Company. Free.
- 1 Performing Arts Center of Wisconsin Rapids, 1801 16th St S (on the Lincoln High School campus), ☏ . 833 seat proscenium theater hosting various events.
- 1 Hotel Mead, 451 E Grand Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . Free high speed internet, fitness room, laundry facilities available. Select suites feature a whirlpool. $109+.
|Routes through Wisconsin Rapids|
|Ashland ← Rudolph ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Wisconsin Dells|
|Black River Falls ← Jct S ←||W E||→ Plover → Green Bay|