Wolfenbüttel is a town in Lower Saxony.
While the town does have history going back centuries, it is overshadowed by nearby Braunschweig and its one claim to fame is rarely associated with the town - being the site of the Jägermeister distillery and their corporate headquarters.
Wolfenbüttel is located on the Oker river, about 15 kms south of Brunswick. In 1432 it became the residence of the Duke of Brunswick.
- 1 Bahnhof Wolfenbüttel. This station sees regional train service
- 1 Schloss Wolfenbüttel (Wolfenbüttel Castle), Schlossplatz 13. A baroque castle and museum.
- 2 Lessinghaus, Lessingplatz 1.
- 3 Herzog-August-Bibliothek, Lessingplatz 2.
- 4 Klein-Venedig ("Little Venice" town canal), Stobenstraße. A picturesque waterside building ensemble.
The town centre offers many opportunities for shopping. Market days are on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- 2 Bayrischer Hof, Brauergildenstraße 5, ☎ . Bavarian and international cuisine in a timber framed building
- 3 La Domenica, Schlossplatz 5, ☎ . Italian food.
- 4 Brauhaus im Ratskeller, Stadtmarkt 3, ☎ . Closed Mondays. .
- 5 Sun, Leipzigerstraße 8a, ☎ . Chinese food
- 1 Stadthotel Bayrischer Hof, Brauergildenstr. 5.
- 2 Parkhotel Altes Kaffeehaus, Harztorwall 18.
- 3 Rilano 24, Bahnhofstr. 9.