Woodstock is a city in Illinois.
Woodstock is served by the Metra / Union Pacific Northwest Line. Woodstock is currently the second to last stop on the line. The train station is not manned. Metra tickets are available at no additional charge on the train if departing from Woodstock. The train station has a coffee shop (Trax Depot). Train ride time from downtown Chicago is approximately 1 hr 30 minutes.
Major highways are US Highway 14 and State Highway 120 and 47. Woodstock is 13 miles (approximately 25 minutes) north of Interstate 90 (Huntley exit).
The historic downtown area is easy to walk around.
Pace Bus route 808 (+1 847 364-PACE) is used by commuters between Harvard, Woodstock and Crystal Lake. There is no service between 9:05 AM and 2:05 PM, Monday through Friday. Service stops after 5:30 PM in Woodstock.
Woodstock's historic square attracts visitors year-round. The cobblestone streets that form the Square are filled with shops and boutiques. The Woodstock Square Park hosts the Woodstock City Band (currently in its 100th year) for Wednesday evening concerts in the summer. Other festivals and events on the Square include Fair Diddley (May); Jazz Fest, Folk Festival, Groundhog Days, and DC Cobb's Main Street Musicfest (June).
- Courthouse Grill, 101 N. Johnson St., ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. M-Th 11AM-10PM, F,Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM.
- La Petite Creperie, 115 N. Johnson St., ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [dead link]Centerville Cafe/Tarts & Truffles, 140 Cass St., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- [dead link]Woodstock Public House, 201 Main St..
- DC Cobbs, 226 Main St.. Gourmet burgers and 24 craft beers on tap. Live music on the weekends.
Benton Street just off the Square (across from the train station) has a row of 6 bars including DC Cobbs, the Cabin, Town Tap, and Off the Rails.
- Woodstock Chamber of Commerce, +1 815 338-2436 (fax +1 815 334-2927).
|Routes through Woodstock|
|Madison ← Harvard ←||W E||→ Crystal Lake → Chicago|
|END ← Harvard ←||NW SE||→ Crystal Lake → Chicago|