Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > West Country > Gloucestershire > Wotton-under-Edge
Wotton-under-Edge is in Gloucestershire located near the southern end of the Cotswolds. Equidistant from Gloucester and Bristol, Cheltenham, Cirencester and Bath, only a few miles from the M4 (Junction 18) and M5 (Junction 14).
- The nearest railway station is Cam and Dursley, 7 miles (11 km) away by road, on the Bristol to Birmingham line.
- Standing on the B4058 Wotton is about 5 miles (8.0 km) from the M5 motorway.
- 1 Ancient Ram Inn, Potters Pond, GL12 7HF. Currently in private ownership, this originally 12th century and seemingly ramshackle former pub is known as one of the most "haunted" houses in the country. As a result, this Grade II listed building not only attracts attention for its historic value but has also been the subject of investigations by mediums and featured on several TV shows.
- 2 Newark Park, Ozleworth (8 miles west of Tetbury), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Cotswold Way Walks. This walk leads from the top to the bottom of the valley and into Wotton-under-edge, with spectacular views and historic architecture along the way.
- 1 Tortworth Court Hotel, Tortworth, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4pm, check-out: 11am. This country house hotel and event venue has 190 en suite bedrooms, a leisure spa, restaurant and bar, as well as free Wifi throughout. Built in Tudor style for the 2nd Earl of Ducie between 1848 and 1853, Tortworth Court is a Grade II* listed Victorian mansion. £69-179.