- Swim in from the Pacific Ocean (wetsuit recommended, unless it is blazing hot outside).
- Drive in on Oregon highway 101
- 1 Cape Perpetua Scenic Area, ☏ .
- 2 Cape Perpetua Visitor Center, 2400 US-101 (On Highway 101 2 Miles South of Yachats), ☏ . 10am-4pm/Winter - 9:30am-4:30pm/Summer. The Cape Perpetua Visitor Center has a phenomenal view of the ocean from inside, and from the wheelchair accessible deck. The visitor center staff can answer questions and help you plan your trip. Daily interpretive programs including short movies and guided hikes are available in the summer. A Discover Your Northwest bookstore sells books, postcards, etc. Open seven days a week. $5 per vehicle.
- Yachats Beach.
Thor's Well A remarkable natural phenomenon, located an hour's walk south of Yachats. The Pacific Ocean is pulled in through a hole several metres in diameter with a channel out to the sea, and shoots out with tremendous force. Only active at certain times of the day, ask the locals when as it changes seasonally. Spectacular at sunrise or sunset. Be careful near the edge!
- 3 Smelt Sands State Recreation Site, ☏ . A good place for whale-watching and tide-pooling, and named after the yearly run of smelt (a relative of salmon)
There are a few thrift stores around the town, profits going to local charities, with low prices even by thrift store standards ($1-2 for a shirt).
A weekend market near the centre of town offers all sorts of quality handmade goods, sterling silver jewellery and soft furnishings, glassware etc.
Yachats is one of few places in Oregon that charges a sales tax- 5% on all prepared food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- [dead link] The Adobe Resort, 1555 Hwy. 101, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 8PM-9PM, Su 9AM-9PM.
- Drift Inn, 124 Highway 101 N., ☏ . Live music daily. Fantastic vegan pizzas and other options. Also operates as a motel. Dinners $15-20.
- Green Salmon Coffee Shop, 220 Hwy. 101, ☏ . Tu-Su 7:30AM-4PM. Soup and sandwiches along with coffees, teas, and cocoa.
- The Green Salmon Coffee and Tea House, 220 Hwy 101. 7:30AM-2PM, Closed Monday. An Organic, Fair Trade coffee roaster and purveyor of fine teas. Bakery offering a variety of pastries, muffins, scones, breads and savories along with a light breakfast and lunch menu.
- Our Sand Dollar, toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Beautiful rental house with stairs right down to the beach. Just up from town. $195/245 (Oct. 1-May 14/May 15-Sept. 30).
- 1 Fireside Motel, Fireside Motel, 1881 Hwy 101 North, Yachats, OR 97498, USA (Heading South on the Pacific Coast Highway from Portland, the motel is at a turnoff just before Yachats), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Cosy motel with stunning views of the sea (the rooms literally back onto the beach). Friendly staff, pet-friendly rooms available and comfortable beds. Affordable by the region's standards. $100 for a double room.
|Routes through Yachats|
|Astoria ← Waldport ←||N S||→ Florence → Coos Bay|