Waldport is a charming if understated Central Oregon Coast town approximately 34 miles north of Florence and 16 miles south of Newport. Most likely you will just be passing through, but the Alsea Bay Interpretive Center may be worth a stop if you are interested in the construction of the new Alsea Bay bridge or local history. Opportunities for subdued activities like kayak rental, crabbing/clamming, viewing seals (often seen lying on the southern terminus of the north spit at the mouth of Alsea Bay) or bald eagles exist.
- 1 Alsea Bay Historic Interpretive Center, ☎ . This vistor center was built in 1991 as part of the replacement of the Alsea Bay Bridge. It honors the original 1936 bridge, one of 10 on the Oregon Coast designed by Conde McCullough. Due to corrosion from the coastal environment, this was demolished and only the plyons, spires, and some railing incorporated into the wayside remain from the old bridge. This center also serves as the local visitor information center run in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce. In the summer, park guides lead clamming and crabbing demonstrations; see website for schedule. Free.
- Waldport Heritage Museum, 320 Grant St., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- 1 Governor Patterson Memorial State Recreation Site, ☎ . Free.
- Crestview Golf Club, 1680 SW Crestline Dr., ☎ . 9-hole course, driving range, and seasonal cafe and bar. Day use RV parking. 9 holes w/ cart: $32.
- 1 Cliff House Bed and Breakfast, 1450 Adahi Rd., ☎ .
- Alsi Resort, 902 NW Bayshore Dr., ☎ . Bay-front property. Continental breakfast, seasonal outdoor pool and WiFi included. Some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves; king suites have kitchenettes.
- 2 The Waldport Inn, 190 SW Hwy 101, ☎ .
- Waldport/Newport KOA, ☎ (info), toll-free: (reservations), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: Tent and RV sites: 1 PM; Cabins: 2 PM, check-out: 11 AM. RV and tent sites, cabins, and camping lodges. Cable TV, laundromat, and WiFi.
- 3 Beachside State Recreation Site (between Waldport and Yachats), ☎ (park), (during off-season). Check-in: 4 PM, check-out: 11 AM. Approximately 30 electrical sites with water (but RV dump station 17 miles either north or south at other parks), over 40 tent sites with water nearby, and two yurts (one pet friendly). Open from March 15 - November 1, weather dependent.
- 4 Rovers RV Park (formerly Chinook RV Park), 3299 E Alsea Hwy., ☎ . 22 full hook up sites, and 12 water/electric only sites. No tent camping. Pet friendly, as the name implies- they have a river walkway and an off-leash dog area.
- Sweetland Vacation Rentals, ☎ .
- Bayshore Rentals, 2214 NW Bayshore Dr. (Office on corner of Bayshore Dr. and Hwy. 101 north of Waldport), ☎ .
|Routes through Waldport|
|Astoria ← Newport ←||N S||→ Yachats → Coos Bay|