Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yakutat is a town near Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska.
Though Yakutat's population was only 662 in 2010, it has regular passenger flights, some in Boeing 737-400s, to its airport, which was built for an Army Air Force base during World War II.
There are no roads connecting Yakutat to other parts of Alaska.
Alaska Airlines has regular service from Anchorage, Cordova, Juneau, and Seattle.
There is regular ferry service from several ports in southeast Alaska. The Alaska Marine Highway System only serves Yakutat on "cross gulf" routes.
Yakutat is the surfing capital of Alaska.
- The Middle of Nowhere, ☏ +1 907 784-3241.
- Mallott's General Store, ☏ +1 907 784-3355.
- St. Elias Auto, ☏ +1 907 784-3434.
- Icy Waves Surf Shop, ☏ +1 907 784-3253.
- Yakutat Hardware, ☏ +1 907 784-3203.
- Yakutat Marine & Supply, ☏ +1 907 784-3386.
- Y.C.C. Inc. Glass Door Bar, ☏ +1 907 784-3331.
- Dierick's Tsiu River Lodge. Offers large portions and hot soup.