North America > Canada > Atlantic Canada > Nova Scotia > Yarmouth and Digby > Yarmouth (Nova Scotia)
Yarmouth is a town on the western tip of Nova Scotia, Canada. The town is known for the Cape Frochu Lighthouse and the nearby area boasts both traditional Anglo-Scottish and Acadian French culture. It also makes a good base for exploring the inland wilderness areas, which feature over 365 lakes and several major rivers.
From Halifax, take Highway 101 on the South Shore or Highway 103 on the North Shore.
- Acadievan Shuttle Service, toll-free: . Yarmouth to Halifax, including international airport and rail station.
- Cloud Nine Shuttle, toll-free: . Yarmouth to Halifax/Dartmouth and points en route on the #101 and #103 highways, parcel pickups and deliveries, 7 days a week.
- Trius Tours, toll-free: . Yarmouth to Halifax, South Shore Routes 103 & 3.
- Nova Star Cruises. May 1-Nov 2, departs Portland 8pm EDT, departs Yarmouth 9am AST. International car ferry, daily 9 hour crossing between Yarmouth and Portland (Maine). Dining, casino, entertainment, conference, spa and fitness facilities on-board. Duty-free shop. U$130/person + U$180/auto (one way, high season).
Yarmouth Airport (YQI IATA) serves private planes. The closest scheduled services are at Halifax.
Yarmouth is fairly easy to navigate by car; local cab services include R & L Taxi (+1 902 742-8294), Sea Crest Taxi (+1 902 742-9114), Tri County Cab (+1 902 742-2323) and Yarmouth Town Taxi (+1 902 742-7801).
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Yarmouth Branch, 341 Main St.
- Cape Forchu Lightstation. Dramatic, bold coastline and historic lighthouse now open to the public. Small museum and tea room. Cape Forchu was named by Champlain in 1605. Drive to Cape Forchu easily from downtown Yarmouth, passing the numerous fishing shanties and lobster pounds along the way. 
- Chebogue Salt Marsh and Chebogue Point. The largest salt-water marshland in the province was once the home of a major Acadian French settlement.
- Firefighters' Museum of Nova Scotia, 451 Main Street, ☏ .
- Killam Brothers Shipping Office, 90 Water Street, ☏ .
- Pelton-Fuller House, 20 Collins Street, ☏ .
- Sweeney Fisheries Museum, 112 Water St. Explores the Sweeney marine heritage through a number of exhibits including a simulation of a traditional fishing wharf with fishing, processing and ship repair sheds, wharf decks and a coastal freighter.
- Yarmouth County Museum & Archives, 22 Collins St, ☏ . Local museum relating the town's history.
There aren't any beaches in the town itself, but there are a few within a short drive.
- John's Cove Beach, Highway 304 (just before you reach the Cape Frochu Lightstation). Sandy curve with views of Yarmouth Harbour
- Pembroke Beach, Pembroke Cove. Beach on the Atlantic Ocean and a birding destination
- Sand Beach, Chebogue Rd.
Cinema and theatre
- Empire Studio 5 Yarmouth, 136 Starrs Road, ☏ . First-run cinema chain.
- Th'Yarc, 76 Parade St., ☏ . Playhouse and arts centre.
- Deep Sea Fishing Charters, ☏ .
- Undersea Discovery, Hardscratch Road, ☏ . Scuba diving gear.
- Yarmouth Links, 28 Forbes Street, ☏ , email@example.com. Par 72 golf course (pro shop +1 902-742-2161) Back: 5,897 yards, Front: 5,523 yards.
- C & J's Ocean View Tours, Water Street (Ferry Terminal), ☏ . Bus tour.
There is an Atlantic Superstore, Sobeys, and Wal-Mart
- Lotus Garden Restaurant, 67 Starrs Road, ☏ .
- New Century Restaurant, 280 Main Street.
- Old World Bakery And Deli, 232 Main St, ☏ .
- Old Mill Seafood & Dairy Bar, 785 Hardscratch Road, ☏ .
- Rainbow Delight, 7 Hardscratch Rd, ☏ . Drive-in restaurant.
- Austrian Inn, RR#1, Dayton, ☏ .
- Harris' Quick-N-Tasty, Route 1, Hebron, ☏ .
- Joshua's Restaurant & Coffee, 95 Water Street, ☏ .
- Prince Arthur's, 73 Starrs Rd, ☏ .
- Snack Place Restaurant, 2 Cann Street, ☏ .
- The Colony Restaurant, 6 Forest Street, ☏ .
- Wilson's Family Restaurant, 351 Main Street, ☏ .
- Little Lebanon, 100 Main Street.
- Five Corners Restaurant & Pizza Villa, Main St., ☏ .
- Greco Pizza, 334 Main Street, ☏ .
- Jake's Diner Pizzeria & Deli, 322 Main Street, ☏ .
- Pizza Delight, 77 Starrs Road, ☏ .
- Pizza Villa, 624 Main Street, ☏ .
- Captain Kelley's Dining Room, 577 Main Street, ☏ .
- Rudder's Seafood Restaurant, 96 Water Street, ☏ .
- Windlass Restaurant, Kelley's Cove, ☏ .
Bars & Pubs
- Boston Pizza (Sports Bar), 134 Starrs Road, ☏ .
- Captain Kelley's Lounge & Pub, 577 Main Street, ☏ .
- The Red Knight Tavern, 73 Starrs Road, ☏ .
- Rudder's Seafood Restaurant & Brew Pub, 96 Water Street, ☏ .
Tea rooms and cafés
- The Academy Tea Room, 113 Main Street, ☏ .
- Joshua's Fine Coffee & Ice Cream, 95 Water Street, ☏ .
- Mischa's Café and Ice Cream Parlour, ☏ . 3198 Hwy 1 Port Maitland.
- Rodd Grand Hotel Yarmouth, 417 Main St., ☏ . Haley's Lounge and Ship's Bell Restaurant. Point of departure for "Experience Yarmouth by Rodd" bus and walking tours.
- Ellenwood Provincial Park & Campground, Highway 340, ☏ . Fresh water beach and park
- Argyle Township Courthouse & Archives, Route 3, Tusket (at the center of the village, about 14 km (9 mi) south of Yarmouth), ☏ .
- Wedgeport Sport Tuna Fishing Museum, 57 Tuna Wharf Rd, Highway 334, Lower Wedgeport, ☏ . 9AM-6PM daily from mid-June to late August. A museum dedicated to sport tuna fishing with photos, trophies and displays from when Bluefin tuna were plentiful in the area. There are also displays on Acadian culture and Wedgeport's history.
|Routes through Yarmouth|
|END ←||W E||→ Digby → Halifax|
|END ←||W E||→ Pubnico → Halifax|
|END ←||W E||→ Pubnico → Halifax|
|Jct ← Jct File:NSRoute203.PNG E ←||N S||→ END|