Digby is a blue collar town that is home to a fleet of sea scallop trawlers. It has a number of dive bars, and waterfront patio restaurants serving the fleet's famous catch.
If you're travelling from southern New Brunswick, your best bet is to take Bay Ferries from Saint John. There are three crossings daily from mid-June to mid-October, these take 2½ hours on average. During the rest of the year there is at least one crossing daily and they usually take 2 hr 45 min. $37 per adult passenger and $119 for a car (April 2017). Book online, and check on at the terminal to get your boarding pass when you arrive. Restaurant, cafeteria and wifi on board.
It is a 220 km drive along Highway 101 from Halifax
- Digby Harbour.
- 1 Sandy Cove.
- 2 Admiral Digby Museum, 95 Montague Row, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Balancing Column on Long Island (Drive 46 km S on Rte 217 down the Right Neck to East Ferry, take the ferry across the Petit Passage ($7/car return, every hour at :30) to Tiverton on Long Island, drive another 4 km on 217 to the Balancing Rock Trail). 08:30-20:00 year-round. A 1.7-km hike on a well-maintained trail to a column of basalt 6.1 m high by 1.2 m wide balancing on its end over the Bay of Fundy. Free.
- Wharf Rat Rally: 29 August – 2 September 2018. Canada's largest multi-day bikers rally (date needs updating)
The town of Digby is well known for its sea scallops, which are celebrated in mid-August every year during the Digby Scallop Days Festival.
Scallops are, however, harvested year-round. Many restaurants are open only during the tourist season beginning in early May.
- Fundy Restaurant, 34 Water St., ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:30AM-8PM. Complex with restaurants, bars, hotel. Scallops and lobster are priced seasonally, e.g. in April 2017, psm-fried scallops were $23.50 for 6 oz (179 g) or $28 for 8 oz (225 g). Mains $10-30.
- 1 Boardwalk Cafe (Boardwalk Cafe & Suites), 40 Water Street, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 11AM-2PM.
- House of Wong Restaurant, 104 Water St.. Daily 11AM-10PM. Chinese $10-25.
There are a number of motels and B&Bs in and around the town.
- 1 The Harbourview Inn, 25 Harbourview Road, Smiths Cove, ☎ .
- 2 Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Coastal Inn Digby, 111 Warwick Street, ☎ .
- Digby Backpackers Inn, 168 Queen St., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM-9PM, no arrivals after 10PM. Includes simple breakfast, bedlinen, towel, free WIFI, fully equipped kitchen, large shared living room and outdoor space (including fire pit, bbq and garden area). Pay in cash on arrival. Dorm $30 plus HST per person. Private room with queen bed and bunk beds, shared bath: $65 plus HST per night for up to 2 guests..
|Routes through Digby|
|END ← Yarmouth ←||W E||→ Annapolis Royal → Halifax|