The nearest train station to the township is Yilan Station of the Taiwan Railway Administration, located in Yilan City.
The township lies along:
- Provincial Highway 7: Northern Cross-Country Highway
The township can be accessed by bus from Yilan city.
Kamalan Bus Inc.
- 751 Yilan Transfer Station - Baomin Temple
- 752 Yilan Transfer Station - Taipei Veterans General Hospital Yuanshan Branch
- 753 Yilan Transfer Station - Shuanglian Pond
- 755 Yilan Transfer Station - Wanglongpo
Kuo-Kuang Motor Transportation
- G12 Yilan Transfer Station - Songluo
- G15 Yilan Transfer Station - Da Jiao Xi
- 1785 Yilan Transfer Station - Waiyuanshan - Zuntou
- 1786 Yilan Transfer Station - Shengou - Neicheng
- 1789 Yilan Transfer Station - Zhensha - Dajiaoxi
History and culture
- 1 Yilan Martyrs' Shrine (員山忠烈祠), No. 1, Alley 10, Lane 125, Fuxing Road. A memorial complex featuring a shrine to fallen soldiers, a long staircase up to a temple, as well as some decomissioned military hardware surrounded by parkland.
- 2 Artemis Garden (香草菲菲). A nursery and botanical museum.
- Kingcar Orchid Garden (金車員山蘭花園), No. 25, Lane 175, Section 2, Yuanshan Road, ☏ (#1). 08:00-17:00. A plant nursery, founded in 1988, which showcases a wide varieties of orchid. The facility also offers guided tours.
- 3 Yuanshan Hangar (員山機堡), No. 398, Jinshan East Road, ☏ . 09:00-17:00. A small museum dedicated to the history of the airforce based in the area.
- 4 Bei Hou Temple (北后寺), No. 4, Bajia Road, ☏ .
- 1 Jim and Dad's Brewing Company (吉姆老爹啤酒工廠), No. 411, Section 2, Yuanshan Road, ☏ . 10:00-18:00. The brewery was opened in September 2015 after the founder won a brewing competition. The ground floor hosts the tasting area. It features a restaurant, outdoor playground and an observation tower.
- 2 Kavalan Distillery (噶瑪蘭酒廠), No. 326, Sec. 2, Yuanshan Road. 09:00-18:00. The distillery is named after the indigenous Kavalan people, who originally inhabited the Kabalan Plain of modern-day Yilan County. The distillery was completed in December 2005.
- 3 Bee Farmer (養蜂人家蜂采館), No. 403, Section 2, Yuanshan Road, ☏ . A small establishment which feature a number of exhibits related to bee-keeping. The facility also produces honey and visitors can buy products made on-site.
- 4  (菓風糖果工房), No. 188, Section 2, Xiande Road, ☏ . 10:00-18:00. A chocolatier where visitors are also able to create their own sweets.
Parks and nature
- 5 Fushan Botanical Garden (福山植物園), ☏ . 09:00-15:30. A botanical garden managed by the Taiwan Forestry Research Institute. It is the largest botanical gardens in Asia and features over 700 species of pants. The botanical garden features a nature center which displays the information regarding the garden It has a 20 km-long walking path for visitors to explore the garden.
- 6 Dahu Scenic Area (大湖風景區), No. 185, Huqian Road, ☏ . 08:00-20:30. A picturesque lakeside area with paddleboats for hire.
- 7 Leigong Lake (雷公埤). A lake area with scenic views and spots for swimming.
- 8 Wanglong Lake (望龍埤). An area around the Wanglong lake which features bridges across the water, sitting out areas, and hiking trails.
The world-famous Kavalan whisky is brewed in this township, and the company offers tours of the distillery (see above).