Überlingen is serviced by Germany's Deutsche Bahn railway and bus network. There main line from BaselBad (Switzerland) and Munich runs through Überlingen. Routes from Zurich to Stuttgart offer transfers at Singen to points east and west.
A bus connection links Überlingen and Meersburg, and several of the smaller towns in the vicinity.
There is a bicycle circuit the entire way around Lake Constance, passing through Überlingen.
There are also ferries operating from other cities bordering Lake Constance, including Constance, Meersburg, Rorschach and Bregenz (Austria). The Meersburg-Constance ferry includes car service.
A seasonal boat service operates three times a day on the route: Bodman - Ludwigshafen - Sipplingen - Marienschlucht - Überlingen.
There are a few bus and train services through Überlingen, but much of Überlingen is walkable, particularly along the lakeside. Bicycles are also an excellent form of transport.
Middle age town centre and remains of town wall defences.
- Überlinger Stollen. Underground facility built during WW II for arms manufacturing.This has limited hours and guides can be arranged
- Bodensee Rider. sculpture by Peter Lenk
- Frescoes, windows and carvings at the St. Nicholas church
- Carvings at the
- Wednesday and Saturday markets in the city-centre
- City Museum at Reichlin House
- Walk through city's moat. Takes about 90 minutes. Maps are available.
- Walk through the city: houses in the old Fachwerk style.
- Check at the Archives or the city tour guide center. The Archivist gives very interesting tours of the old city.
- Bodenseetherme Indoor/outdoor spa located immediately west of city.
- Spetzgarten hike
Many Greek restaurants such as Mykonos have local seafood available. There are also some Italian restaurants and German restaurants all along the lake side for al fresco dining.
- Zur faulen Magd, Rauenstein Straße.. Simple local Pizzeria
- Café Pizzeria allegretto.
- Gasthaus zur Krone +49 7551 9199 33 located in the center of the city.
- Hotel Wiestor, Wiestorstr.17, ☎ .
- Campingplatz Denz Köhne, Nußdorf, ☎ .
- Campingplatz Nell, Nußdorf, ☎ .
- Martin Buber Jungendherberge +49 (0) 75 51 42 04 (Youthhostel)
- Hotel Garni Zähringer Hof +49 (0) 7551 63665 (Classic style German hotel, postwar decorations and modeling, Breakfast provided)