Świnoujście is a port town and seaside spa on the western Baltic coast of Poland, near the German border. It is situated at the north coast of the islands Wolin and Usedom (Uznam) at a wide sandy beach. It is known historically by its German name, Swinemünde. It is directly bordering the German Kaiserbad.
By boat and ferry
From a ferry crossing Świnoujście Warszów (“Bielik” ferries only for inhabitants) may use passenger cars and lorries with maximum weight up to 2.2 tons. In hours from 4:00 to 22:00 may use only vehicles having letters beginning with ZSW on licence plates or ID stickers on front windows. On weekdays from 22:00 to 4:00 and on weekends i.e. Friday from 17:00 to 4:00 Monday may use all passenger cars and lorries with maximum weight up to 2.2 tons.
- Polferries connects to Ystad, Sweden daily, about an hours drive from Copenhagen over the Øresund bridge (remember the €39 bridge toll though).
- Former town hall.
- Eastern Fort.
There are several lively clubs and bars in Świnoujście that provide a bustling nightlife, especially during the summer season. Jazz Bars, rock clubs, pubs are all there - not to mention the lively seaside promenade. Right on the beach, there are several beach bars and a dance club.
A new cinema will open by 2015 in the Galeria Świnoujście, a mall in the city center.
Bars in Świnoujście:
- Akwarium, Mazowiecka 77A
- Boss Pub, Wybrzeże Władysława IV 22
- Cech Pub & Pizzeria, Bohaterów Września 4
- Fenix Bar & Steakhouse, ul. Słowackiego 25
- Hoangson Bar, Konstytucji 3 Maja 4
- Osada, Wybrzeże Władysława IV 30
- Pasztecik Bar, Generała Józefa Bema 13
- Promway Bar, Wybrzeże Władysława IV 3
- Royal Joker Billard Club & Drink Bar, Uzdrowiskowa 11
- Sfinks Pub, Wojska Polskiego 1/19
- Skansen Bar, Wielkopolska 28
- Zachód, Małopolska 7
Clubs/discos in Swinoujscie:
- Alibi Club, Żeromskiego 1 (Promenade)
- Malibu Beach Club [dead link] - beach club with regular parties in the summer, right on the beach, at the western end of the promenade in the direction of the German border at Ahlbeck.
- Jazz Club Scena, Armii Krajowej 3 (at the harbour)
- Penelopa Disco, ul.Tadeusza Kościuszki 9
- Piwnica Club, Mazowiecka 72b
Brothels/gogo bars in Swinoujscie:
Date: September 2014
On the island Wolin:
- Wolin National Park
- Game reserve of wisents
- 93 meter high cliff of Gosan
- Kawcza Góra Mountain
- Sea resort Międzyzdroje
- Sea resort Dziwnów
- Ancient town of Wolin (town)
- Medieval town of Lubin
On the mainland:
- Pommeranian metropol Szczecin
- Sea resort and medieval town of Kamień Pomorski
- Sea resort and medieval town of Kołobrzeg
- Gothic church ruins at Trzęsacz
- Medieval town of Stargard Szczeciński with an over hundred meter high cathedral