- 1 Tourist Office (Toerisme Aarschot), Elisabethlaan 103, ☎ .
The Flemish national bus company, De Lijn, has lines to Diest from for example Leuven, Diest and Tienen. There are also connections to Turnhout, but in these cases the trains are a quicker alternative. For more information regarding different timetables (only available in Dutch): https://www.delijn.be.
There are several very well maintained bicycle networks leading you to the city center without the need of using the regular roads. It will let you discover the beauty of the region.
You can exit the E314 highway at Aarschot, from there on it's only a few minutes to the city center. If you don't like highways you can perfectly follow the N19 national road from Leuven also leading to the city center of Aarschot. There is a large parking lot very near to the historical centre, called Parking Centrum.
Brussels Airport (BRU IATA) is relatively close and has a direct train connection to Aarschot. The budget airport of Charleroi (CRL IATA) is a bit further away, but may be a worthy alternative if you try to save some money.
- 1 Church of Our Lady, Jan van Ophemstraat. Some parts of this church date back to the 14th century. The western tower of the church is 85 meters high and thereby towers over the town and the nearby region.
- 2 Beguinage, Begijnhof. Founded in 1259.
- 3 Orleans Tower (Orleanstoren), Orleanstoren. One of the few remaining bits of the medieval defence wall that once surrounded the town, built between 1360 and 1365. The wall however got destroyed several times and got rebuilt a lot of times. The Aurelianus Tower was renovated in 1990.
- Fun Days. A three day music festival in the center of Aarschot, organised since 2005. There are small concerts, a flea fair and several other small activities. Every year it is organised in July.
- Aarschot Volkoren. A free two yearly choir festival. This event is organised since 2011 in September. The previous edition was in 2017 and the next will be in 2019. In the previous edition most choirs were from Belgium and the Netherlands.
- 1 Harte Troef, Theo De Beckerstraat 33, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Cooks lunches and dinners with regional ingredients. There is a wide range of beers and wines to choose from. The terrace has a great view over the Demer river valley.
- Leuven — this thriving student city is very close.