The tri-weekly Sunset Limited, running between Los Angeles and New Orleans, and the Texas Eagle from Chicago provided by Amtrak serves Alpine. The 1 Alpine Amtrak station is located at 102 West Holland Avenue, just south of downtown.
Greyhound Lines operates intercity bus service from the KCS Quick Stop at 2305 E Hwy 90.
- Historic downtown (visitor's center at 106 North 3rd Street), ☏ . Many historic buildings constructed in the late 1800s. A informative brochure detailing a walking tour is available from the information center.
- 1 Museum of the Big Bend, 400 N Harrison St C-101 (on the Sul Ross State University campus), ☏ . Large collection of artifacts with exhibits on the long history of habitation in the area, from the earliest native tribes up through the Spanish, Mexican, and American eras.
- Last Frontier Museum, 2310 W. Highway 90, ☏ . Exhibits focusing on the geology of the region.
- Woodward Agate Ranch (18 miles south of town on Texas Highway 118), ☏ . Offers a unique chance to hunt for precious minerals like agate and opal, with or without assistance from the experienced ranch guides. Other activities include horse riding and birdwatching.
- Apache Trading Post, 2701 West Hwy. 90, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Housed in an old log cabin, this shop sells Big Bend collectibles and souvenirs, a large selection of maps detailing the mountains of Texas. Pose for a photo with a friendly burro or let the kids play with the owner's famous dog.
- Kathy's Consignments, 121 W Holland Ave, ☏ . Antiques.
- Mi Tesoro, 109 W Holland Ave, ☏ . Locally designed and produced jewelry in a variety of styles.
- Alicia's Burrito Place, 708 E Gallego Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Bread & Breakfast / Bakery & Cafe, 113 W Holland Ave, ☏ .
- Casa De Cafe, 412 E Holland Ave, ☏ .
- Alexanders Tex-Mex Grill & Cantina, 106 E Holland Ave, ☏ .
- La Casita Mexican Restaurant, 1104 E Ave, ☏ .
- 2 Penny's Diner, 2407 E Hwy 90, ☏ .
- Primos Pizza, 501 W Holland Ave, ☏ .
- Shotgun Grill, 2700 W Hwy 90, ☏ .
- Texas Fusion BBQ, 200 W Murphy Ave, ☏ .
- 3 Reata, 203 N 5th St, ☏ . Great western atmosphere and decor, decent but somewhat overpriced steaks.
- Buffalo Rose Saloon, US Hwy 90, ☏ . This is the worst restaurant in the world!
- La Trattoria Coffee & Juice Bar, 202 W Holland Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Railroad Blues, 504 W Holland Ave, ☏ . This nightclub/bar has live music a few times a week. There is usually a $5-10 cover charge on nights that bands are playing.
- 1 Antelope Lodge, 2310 West Hwy 90, ☏ , toll-free: . $39-74 (Singles-Doubles).
- Alpine Classic Inn, 2401 East Hwy 90, ☏ .
- Highland Inn, 1404 E Hwy 90, ☏ . $42-65.
- 2 The Holland Hotel, 209 W Holland Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . Opened in 1928, now an upscale hotel in downtown with a lot of nostalgic charm. $45-85.
- 3 The Maverick Inn, 1200 E Holland Ave, ☏ . $75-205 (Depending on season).
- 4 Motel Bien Venido, 809 E Holland Ave, ☏ .
- Oak Tree Inn, 2407 E Hwy 90, ☏ . $59-69.
- Sunday House Inn, 2010 E Hwy 90, ☏ , toll-free: . $30-100 (Depending on season).
|Routes through Alpine|
|Tucson ← El Paso ←||W E||→ Del Rio → San Antonio|
|San Angelo ← Fort Stockton ←||N S||→ Marfa → Presidio|
|Van Horn ← Marfa ←||W E||→ Marathon → Del Rio|
|Jct W E ← Fort Davis ←||N S||→ Study Butte-Terlingua → Big Bend N.P.|