- 1 The Modoc County Museum, 600 S Main St, ☎ . A unique museum, noted for their artifacts and photos of the county.
- 1 Modoc National Wildlife Refuge, ☎ . Over 7,000 acres, consisting of wetland, reservoir, riparian, sagebrush-steppe, and cropland habitats.
- 2 Modoc National Forest, 225 West 8th Street, ☎ .
- Best Western Trailside Inn, 343 N Main St, ☎ , fax: .
- Lava Beds National Monument - This national monument is located 63 miles northwest of Alturas and is home to a massive lava field featuring dozens of lava tube caves.
|Routes through Alturas|
|Burns ← Lakeview ←||N S||→ Susanville → Reno|
|Redding ← McArthur ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ becomes → Jct|