Unless you have a small airplane to fly into the Lake County Airport, the only ways into Lakeview are by highway: U.S. Route 395 from the north and south, and Oregon Route 140 from the east and west. There is no scheduled train or bus service.
Get acquainted with Lakeview by walking the downtown area. Except for some businesses on the west side of town (mostly along N 4th Street/SR 140) and the south side (along US 395), most retail establishments are within the grid bounded by E, G, N 4th, and S 2nd Streets.
Except for some of the newer areas on the west side of town, most streets are numbered (for streets going east and west) and lettered (north-south). The use of compass directions in addresses can be initially confusing:
- There are no east-west designations in address numbers: streets start at the edge of the mountain to the east of town, with addresses increasing to the west.
- Center Street runs east and west. Streets parallel to it have North or South as part of the street name. For instance, 700 S 9th St. would be 1 block west of 600 S 9th St., on an east-west street that is 9 blocks south of Center.
- On lettered streets, North and South are part of the address number: For instance, 123 S G St. would be in the second block south of Center Street.
- 1 MC Chuckwagon Western Heritage Exhibit, 330 N F Street (at N 4th). 24 hours daily. Museum housing artifacts from the MC Ranch, in Adel, OR. All exhibits are visible from outside, through windows in the building. Free.
- 2 Schminck Memorial Museum, 128 S E St, ☏ . Limited hours; closed winter. 5,000 items, including pioneer quilts & artifacts. $4.
- 3 Lake County Museum, 118 S E St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. We–Sa, noon–4PM, May–Oct. Closed Nov–Apr. Historical records, photos, cultural artifacts. Genealogical research assistance available at the museum or by phone. $3.
- [formerly dead link] Lake County Chamber of Commerce, 126 N E St, ☏ . Stop by to pick up post cards and tourist information. Visit website for self-guided walking tours of Lakeview and other places in Lake County. Free.
- 1 Warner Canyon Ski Area.
Lakeview is not a major shopping destination, with many residents making the 192-mile round trip to Klamath Falls for their major shopping for non-food household and personal items.
- 1 Bureau of Land Management, Lakeview District, 1301 S G St (US Rte 395), ☏ . Recreational information and a wide variety of maps (including many that are not advertised on their web site) for sale.
- 39er Card and Bargain Store, 15 N E St., ☏ . School supplies, variety goods, notions. They are famous for their greeting cards, all of which cost 39 cents.
- Lakeview Lockers, 207 N L St, ☏ . Th–Sa 9AM–6PM. Gourmet meats, cheeses, specialty foods.
- Jerry's Restaurant, 508 N 2nd St, ☏ .
- Pizza Villa, 44 S G St, ☏ .
- Eagles Nest Lounge, 117 N E St, ☏ .
- OK Corral, 123 N E St, ☏ .
- Best Western Skyline Motor Lodge, 414 N G St, ☏ , fax: .
- Hunter's Hot Springs Resort, 18088 Highway 395, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lakeview Lodge Motel, 301 N G St, ☏ . $50–?/night.
- 1 Lake District Hospital, 700 South J Street, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 2 Howard's Drugs, 101 N F St, ☏ . M–F 8AM–6PM ; Sa 9AM–5PM; pharmacy closed 12:30–1:30PM & all day Sa. Also variety goods; stationery; local-interest books and post cards.
|Routes through Lakeview|
|Burns ← Hines ←||N S||→ Alturas → Reno|
|Klamath Falls ← Bly ←||W E||→ Adel → Junction → Winnemucca|