- For other places with the same name, see Andes (disambiguation).
English is spoken by most people in the tourism industry, at least in major destinations.
- Aconcagua, the highest peak of the Andes, rises to 6,962m above sea level, making the Andes the highest mountain range outside Asia. Climbing expeditions for Aconcagua usually set out from the Argentinian city of Mendoza
- Ojos del Salado in Northern Chile is a comparatively easy to climb peek, still 6,893m.
- Many ski centers operate in the Andes during the winter months.
- Hike the Inca Trail.
Obviously, the Andes include some high-altitude destinations. To avoid headaches and potentially worse symptoms, it's a good idea to acclimate to the altitude slowly; see altitude sickness for more details.
- The Rocky Mountains in North America